HB2021: Oklahoma Firearms Freedom Act

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The very first couple lines of the article state "The "Firearms Freedom Act" just passed out of House committee." Guess the House committee is different from the full House? My bad if so, got over excited about it, LOL.

Yea, The committee hears the bills before it goes to the house that votes on it. It is a long process that can be derailed at any moment for a variety of dumb reasons. If a chair of the committee won't hear it, they don't even get to vote on sending it to the house. Sometimes they will change which committee hears it first to boost it's chances. Check out the The Landowner's Hunting Freedom Act Thread for how that one went down.

https://www.okshooters.com/showthre...m-Act-(2012-SB-1743)-Hunting-with-Suppressors

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats what I thought but after getting slightly confused last time I figured I'd ask to make sure, LOL.

I personally think this is great & shows where Oklahoma stands.

...and that is all it will do, "Show where Oklahoma stands". Symbolic only. Sometimes symbolism can be used as a powerful tool to affect change.

In this case, not so much IMO.

Anyone want to volunteer to be a test case? Anyone? Buehler! Buehler?

Red Dirt

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Based on the languge of this bill, if someone were to machine an AR lower from block steel here in Oklahoma, and then assemble the rest of the AR with parts from elsewhere, would it be exempt from the Feds?

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
Here are the dirtbag dozen who voted against the Firearms Freedom Act today in the House:

Cannaday
Hoskin
McDaniel, J.
Sherrer
Cox
Kouplen
McPeak
Virgin
Floyd
Matthews
Shelton
Williams