HB2021: Oklahoma Firearms Freedom Act

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
So what you meant to post (but didnt really know) was the bill only passed the house safety committee. It didnt "pass" any major vote yet. In fact nothing has gone to a house or senate vote yet that I am aware of.
Gotcha...mmmkay.

Don't get pissed because your goggle-fu powers aren't working or you are too lazy to use them.

It was a "major vote" because it wouldn't go anywhere without it. Cross your fingers that the votes continue to be favorable through the course.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was a "major vote" because it wouldn't go anywhere without it.

Votes in unconstitutional House committees aren't "major" votes. They are simply political posturing votes. It's an opportunity for your reps to vote a certain way and save political capital. If they vote "Do Pass" and it doesn't get heard on the House Floor, they claim "I voted for it, but the House Leadership wouldn't or couldn't put it on the calendar". If they vote "Do Pass" and it gets a floor vote, they might be conspicuously "absent" that day or (far less likely) elect to take Constitutional Privilege. But most often, they'll vote "Do Pass" and vote for it on the House Floor knowing full and well that it would not make it out of the Senate intact. Sometimes, if it's game-changing enough, both Chambers will pass a similar but amended version of a bill that originated in the opposite chamber to force it to a conference committee death bed due to "irreconcilable differences".

So no, passing the House Public Safety Committee was not passing a major vote.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
And if it doesn't pass the house committee, is it not dead? I would say that makes the votes pretty important. The reasoning behind the votes matters very little.

JamesP82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sweet! Some one send me a made in ok lower and I'll finally have a good reason to build my first ar... This one of course will be a short barreled version, with a mio suppressor to go along with it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Cold Hand Arms is selling MIO lowers.

My source told me they already have to votes to pass this, and it is only a matter of time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom