1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Hello Mr. Officer

Discussion in 'Self Defense and Handgun Carry' started by Catt57, Oct 18, 2020.

1. TedKennedy

TedKennedy Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    At one time, cops were peace officers. In most small towns that was the case until recently. Big cities have historically been occupied by a more militant, adversarial force. (often rife with corruption)

Today LEOs seem to have that us-vs- them mentality more often than not. It's a shame really. Cops are a necessary evil, since people are imperfect and prey on each other. Maybe someday we can eliminate the victimless crimes and the enforces of such can go away too. Maybe respect for actual peace officers could be restored.

p238shooter likes this.
  2. KOPBET

KOPBET Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    COPS.

[​IMG]

3. OKNewshawk

OKNewshawk Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    This is, of course, from the movie series Police Academy, specifically Police Academy 4: Citizens on Patrol.

4. JoeUSooner

JoeUSooner Marksman

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    In the past two decades, I've been stopped by a traffic officer only three times (no tickets, no arrests... once was in a small town earlier this year, because the officer noticed that I looked lost, so she simply asked if she could help). In all three cases, while smiling but before saying a word, I instantly handed over both my driver's license and my carry permit - I always keep them in my shirt pocket while driving. In each instance, the officer smiled back, returned my licenses, and the rest of the event went very smoothly. When dealing with a police officer, I heartily recommend using the most open and honest approach that you can manage... that prevents a lot of trouble.

5. RickN

RickN Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%

Exactly. There has even been a few times thru the years where I was carrying without a permit. I always told the officers and why I was carrying (large amounts of cash going to the bank and supporting a friend who had just been raped)

Police are human too and if you are upfront and honest with them, the majority of them will treat you fairly.

DRC458, thor447 and MacFromOK like this.
  6. AKguy1985

AKguy1985 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I'm late to the party, but my girlfriend used to live in Meeker. I never had an issue there but she got a no seatbelt ticket there and the cop said it was $60. Went to pay it and it was $20 like everywhere else in Oklahoma. So, why would the officer triple the price of a seatbelt ticket?

7. Snattlerake

Snattlerake Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    $20 ticket $40 court costs?

8. AKguy1985

AKguy1985 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    No, it was $20. There wasn't any court cost.

9. tRidiot

tRidiot Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Maybe he hoped when she found out it was $60 she'd slip him a $20 bill to make it go away? lol

AKguy1985 likes this.
  10. MacFromOK

MacFromOK Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Back in the '80s, I got a ticket for an expired inspection sticker on my pickup (lol, I had actually forgotten about it), and the officer said I could pay him.

Kinda makes ya wonder... :anyone:
    :drunk2: