Hi-point any good?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hwhattt

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had one bought it new used it for a truck gun it jammed every time I took it to shoot it. I finely traded it in at the gun show. The guy gave me what I paid for it!

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
my ex had one in 9mm, once it got past the break-in period it ran fine but it had the slide fail to go into battery a couple times.

I had one in .40 and it never malfunctioned, but it was so big and heavy and bulky i sold it

i would like to have a 9mm or a .40 carbine though, i just wish they would make them double stack instead of single

FAL guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shooting a Hi-Point is like sleeping with a fat chick...you might really enjoy it, but you sure as hell aren't going to tell you friends about it.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Boy I bet this thread get's long.No I don't plan on buying one.But I did look
at one at the gun shop.Big gun but cheap cost.The guy behind the counter
did say there not that bad for the cost.

I would like to hear from the folks that do have one & there thoughts.:hot:

Hi-points are junk, plain and simple. No way I'd trust one to defend my life. There are just too many used platforms out there that can be had for cheap over a hi-point.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have to admit there's one in the gun safe at my house.
Never shot it. Took in as a partial payment on a bad loan.
In reality to me, a revolver guy, it doesn't look any uglier than a glock.

That ought to start a shitz storm...........

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have to admit there's one in the gun safe at my house.
Never shot it. Took in as a partial payment on a bad loan.
In reality to me, a revolver guy, it doesn't look any uglier than a glock.

That ought to start a shitz storm...........

Oh no you didn't!!!

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi-points are junk, plain and simple. No way I'd trust one to defend my life. There are just too many used platforms out there that can be had for cheap over a hi-point.

As someone observed in this thread, if one is on a very tight budget and wants or needs a handgun, this is the least expensive offering. The lifetime warranty is another plus.

We all say we want the public armed (or at least most of us do). Some of the public will only be armed if they buy a Hi-point.

About used alternatives, I think a person knowledgable about handguns would find it difficult to secure a reliable used handgun for the price of a new Hi-point, and most first time gun buyers are not at all knowledgable.

Incidentally, the much posted pic of a Hi-point in multiple pieces was shot to pieces by someone with an agenda. Nothing will stand up to being shot, especially if it has a plastic frame.

Junk is in the eye of the beholder. Do I have one? No. Would I carry one? If I had nothing else. Can other guns jam? Have I told you about my Kimber saga? (All fixed now after a trip to the custom shop and a Wilson Combat magazine.) CB

Latest posts

Top Bottom