High Efficiency Washers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
High efficiency equals less mechanical action! I'm not at all impressed with the one I have! I liken it to "high efficiency" shower heads like those idiotic 02 and water efficient types....they get you wet.....after a time but it takes forever to rinse off because there is no volume, less volume equals less mechanical energy exerted on any give body. It just doesn't "clean" as well

I'll 2nd this, we've had a front load for probably 10 years or so, clothes last longer because they don't take the same beating but without that beating they don't come as clean..

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LG top loaders. You have to get at least a 5.0 capacity to get the beefed up drive for washing blankets, comforters and such so you don't put too much of a strain on the washing machine.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

We have a Speed Queen top load that fills the water to the top and have been very happy with it. 7 year warranty on parts and labor too.

Edit: I see emapples posted my same model on post above.

+1 for Speed Queen. Best washers and dryers on the planet. You might spend some time calling around to find the legendary mechanical models, no computers on board those... but last I heard they were discontinuing them. My Maytag Man cousin still recommends their updated digital models, he's had very little calls on those in the decade they've been available.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
High efficiency equals less mechanical action! I'm not at all impressed with the one I have! I liken it to "high efficiency" shower heads like those idiotic 02 and water efficient types....they get you wet.....after a time but it takes forever to rinse off because there is no volume, less volume equals less mechanical energy exerted on any give body. It just doesn't "clean" as well
I'll third this.

I also have a Whirlpool Cabrio and it's OK...As long as you use the "deep water" function. With that you do actually get the clothes setting IN SOME water and not just heavily dampened.

It also has a "Bulky/Sheets" when combined with the "Deep Water" mode will damn near fill the tub. And that works pretty good until you figure in the tiny amount of the newfangled HE detergent. So if you triple or quadruple that you get almost normal old school washing! My front loading Samsung didn't have any modes like this. You were locked into the "tree hugging pre-programmed" feature set and that always sucks.

My mom has a brand new low volume toilet but that's a completely different thread....

Latest posts

Top Bottom