High End AR-15: If you had 1 choice...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tou860

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you had the opportunity to purchase "one high end" what would you choose and why? I have been researching and I just can't seem to make up mind on which one and why. I like ambidextrous features and if I paying for a high end it better be the whole complete package.

I like one with an 18 inch mid-length or rifle, accuracy is important along with functionality, and also reliability. My price range would be $1-$1800 max out the door. (This is not including optics.) I have looked at the LWRC-DI love the looks of the gun and its lightweight, Daniel Defense MK12 love this gun too but is it worth it.

I understand I can buy 2 rifles or build 2 rifles but this is a present to myself. Any inputs would be greatly appreciated.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
$1800 isn't high end. It's more upper mid. I'd build my own and start with an awesome barrel. My Run& Gun rifle starred with a Noveske stainless barrel.

Biggest thing is what are you planning on using it for? Hunting, plinking, competitions, self defense? Lot of questions to be answered, but a higher end build would get you exactly what you want, once you figure that out.

tou860

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
$1800 isn't high end. It's more upper mid. I'd build my own and start with an awesome barrel. My Run& Gun rifle starred with a Noveske stainless barrel.

Biggest thing is what are you planning on using it for? Hunting, plinking, competitions, self defense? Lot of questions to be answered, but a higher end build would get you exactly what you want, once you figure that out.

Self-defense, hunting, plinking, no competition as I do not see myself 3-gun but wouldn't mind trying it out. I calculated building a high end ambi lower AR-15 and it was over $2K with shipping of parts. So I figured wtheck mine as well just buy and get that lifetime warranty with it.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always liked the look of the mega arms monolithic upper lower set and would probably get a build going based off of something like that. Would also build out in something in a 6.5 Grendel. Beyond that the sky is the limit.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After owning and shooting numerous AR's and building somemas well, the one that's impressed me the most and which is on my short list to acquire? KAC. They do ambi better than anyone IMO, with the possible exception of AXTS.

Having run light, medium and heavy ARs, I'm a huge fan of lightweights. One that has me intrigued are the Battle Arms Development rifles, but they're too spendy to justify. My next build may be an ultralight.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
After owning and shooting numerous AR's and building somemas well, the one that's impressed me the most and which is on my short list to acquire? KAC. They do ambi better than anyone IMO, with the possible exception of AXTS.

Having run light, medium and heavy ARs, I'm a huge fan of lightweights. One that has me intrigued are the Battle Arms Development rifles, but they're too spendy to justify. My next build may be an ultralight.

I built my SBR on a Battle Arms Development billet upper and lower set. I love it. I don't think I would pay the premium for any name brand rifle, I'd just build it myself and get exactly what I want - which is what I did with mine.

i236.photobucket.com_albums_ff121_tRdoc_BAD_20SBR_20160928_094441_zpsyundz8iy.jpg

tou860

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I checked out a Daniel Defense they got the name and dependability, but for the price you paying I figure they can "trick out" their rifles a bit more also I like ambi features because I am a lefty. I've seen and did a lot of research on forums on Daniel Defense but seem to not just pull the trigger.

I like LWRC and they are known for the piston drive guns, however since they just released their LWRC-DI gun there hasn't been much reviews so I am worried about that purchase.

I had been doing more research and heard of KAC but never knew if I can afford one, however now looking into a KAC SR-15 I would totally love one, saw on forums that a lot of people were happy with that purchase. I will have to do a bit more research on KAC.

Latest posts

Top Bottom