High End AR-15: If you had 1 choice...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

APH Tactical

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd love to see a parts list and pictures of that rifle!

I concur!

I'll 3rd the motion, sounds freakin expensive! I built an AR pistol not long ago with an 8.2" Noveske bbl and a Troy Alpha Rail. Even w/o flip-ups or a stock, it weighed more than that.

http://www.gunsandtactics.com/building-the-lightest-ar-possible
These guys intentionally built a lightweight stick and ended up at 4.5lbs with a ton of titanium parts.
This is like one of those elementary school projects, where the kid gets a college scholarship. You should send that thing in somewhere, you can probably get paid! NASA maybe???

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMG_8113.JPG
IMG_8114.JPG
IMG_8137.JPG
IMG_8136.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_8138.JPG
    IMG_8138.JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 170

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That spreadsheet, I don't think, is an exhaustive list of everything. I just grabbed a quick pic of it. I know a few things were left off like a Magpul grip, titanium grip screw, titanium mag release and S7 tool steel bolt catch. I didn't skeletonize the trigger, but you can't see it. I also thinned out the grip and skeletonized it internally. I fit the flash hider so I didn't have to use a crush washer, that's just extra weight!

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That thing is Nuckin Futs Doc! What the final build cost, if you don't mind? Also what is that handguard made out of? I'm assuming you made that???
The spreadsheet has an approximate cost, but again, some things aren't on there. It was prob around $2800 with the optic. The hand guard is from Brigand Arms. The spreadsheet has most of the part sources listed.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
The MAG Tactical lowers are some of the easiest building lowers out there, IF you can find one! Nice gun there!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom