High End AR-15: If you had 1 choice...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I personally wouldn't build a rifle if I was going to trust my life to it.

I can't believe no one has mentioned BCM. Also check out sionics.

A lot of people are very comfortable with assembling their own AR15 rifles. There is no reason a frankenbuild cannot be as reliable as any rifle on the market.

tou860

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree plus your building it to your liking. I had Charles from Safe Home Consulting build mines and I even watched him build it. It's a great shop him and Pat were a great help, I haven't shot the rifle yet but planning to this weekend.

Attachments

• tmp_14216-20161004_153359-859716391.jpg
    tmp_14216-20161004_153359-859716391.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 152

firefighterguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A lot of people are very comfortable with assembling their own AR15 rifles. There is no reason a frankenbuild cannot be as reliable as any rifle on the market.

There's plenty of reasons. Mainly garage gunsmiths don't have a fraction of the knowledge that Paul Buffoni or other high end AR engineers have about the platform.

I don't doubt there are some really knowledgeable guys out there on the ar platform. But putting together a bunch of parts that have never been used together isn't a recipe for success.

Guys like Steve Fisher have said that when a rifle fails in his class it's almost always a rifle some guy built in his garage. There are very few humans that can build an ar as reliable as a bcm, lmt, sionics, or Colt rifle. Those that can are making a career of it.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's plenty of reasons. Mainly garage gunsmiths don't have a fraction of the knowledge that Paul Buffoni or other high end AR engineers have about the platform.

I don't doubt there are some really knowledgeable guys out there on the ar platform. But putting together a bunch of parts that have never been used together isn't a recipe for success.

Guys like Steve Fisher have said that when a rifle fails in his class it's almost always a rifle some guy built in his garage. There are very few humans that can build an ar as reliable as a bcm, lmt, sionics, or Colt rifle. Those that can are making a career of it.
Disagree completely. I don't doubt the comment about the AR's failing in class because there are a lot of bubbas out there but to say that an individual can't build an AR to those factories' standards is ludicrous. In fact, there is no way they have the time or manpower to build their AR's to my tolerances.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
All of mine seem to work fine. Shot my .300AAC last night for the first time suppressed with 150gr handloaded supers and 220gr subs and it went great. I'm super happy with it.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Disagree completely. I don't doubt the comment about the AR's failing in class because there are a lot of bubbas out there but to say that an individual can't build an AR to those factories' standards is ludicrous. In fact, there is no way they have the time or manpower to build their AR's to my tolerances.

I agree and some of the places out there that claim to be great at it honestly suck. Since we haven't heard the name in a while how about we educate firefighterguy about Rojas?

And my AR functions great and built it on the kitchen table, not to mention that rather than buying some off the shelf build I got just what I wanted without spending the premium price I would have buying it built my way.

Latest posts

Top Bottom