How old do you think you’ll live to?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thank the lord my parent did not suffer. Dad's quality of life sucked in a nursing home but the nurses said he was always running around in his wheelchair visiting with others so maybe he made the best of it more than I know. That was during covid and I wasn't allowed in, no visitors unless the patient was to the point that hospice was called in.

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My dad passed at 71 from cancer and my mother at 98 from old age. Most of my dad's family made the mid to high 70's and mom's family live to the high 80's and high 90's....when my time comes I'm looking forward to meeting my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ face to face.....it's something to look forward to not something to dread....!!!

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
when my time comes I'm looking forward to meeting my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ face to face.....it's something to look forward to not something to dread....!!!
Me too, I'm curious to see the other side.
Just hope I go fast like mom did. She went to the ER and she was gone in 3 hours or less because her o2 had dropped into the 80s. They wanted to put her on a vent and she refused. She made her last decision.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bullshat. When they are given the max dose allowed (according to the DR) (by who's standard) and are still suffering and moaning, it's certainly someone's fault which is society that doesn't allow a painless way out of a terminal condition.
I know your background as a third party without a personal connection to my situation and the situation my wife had to endure when her step father and mother passed. None were painless and none including my parents were a peaceful death.
You can speculate and pontificate to the ends of the earth about what it should be, but in reality, your comment is BS.
😢😢😢

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife was a Hospice nurse for a very long time. Back then the average tenor was around 2 years and they couldn’t take it any longer. She did it for I think pushing 11 years. She was excellent by all reports. Some day I’ll share some stories. But suffice it to say Hospice helped a lot of people die gracefully in their homes with loved ones near by. It’s changed since then. But still an option to consider.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bullshat. When they are given the max dose allowed (according to the DR) (by who's standard) and are still suffering and moaning, it's certainly someone's fault which is society that doesn't allow a painless way out of a terminal condition.
I know your background as a third party without a personal connection to my situation and the situation my wife had to endure when her step father and mother passed. None were painless and none including my parents were a peaceful death.
You can speculate and pontificate to the ends of the earth about what it should be, but in reality, your comment is BS.
Bullshat. Both my parents passed away peacefully on hospice because they had a competent doc adjusting pain & anxiety control as needed.
If any patient is suffering with pain & the doc says there’s nothing he can do because the dose is the max allowed (?), the doc should be sued for malpractice. There’s no reason for anyone to die in pain with the technology & pharmaceuticals available today. Society has avenues for peaceful deaths, but i don’t blame society for one incompetent doc.
BTW, I also worked as a hospice clinician, so I’ve experienced the dying process as both a clinician and as a family member with dying parents.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
People don’t have to suffer. If a patient is still suffering while on pain meds, the pain control regimen is wrong & needs to be changed. If the doctor won’t change it, then it’s the docs fault. Not society’s fault.
Society is dictating what the doctor is allowed to do. Exceed that "guideline" by one stinking pill, and they can get jailed and lose their livelihood FOR ONE STINKING PILL!

Latest posts

Top Bottom