"I just F'ng SHOT MYSELF!!" Warning Language

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That reminds me of a video I watched many years ago about another incident.

Capt. Dan Combs of OHP used to do firearms exhibition shooting. He had several videos on file at the library that I used to watch during breaks when I went through CLEET. He was one of the fastest to draw and shoot a revolver that I've ever seen. He was a legend in OHP.

He was telling this story on one of his videos.

"I was demonstrating a fast draw and I shot myself in the leg. I stood there for a moment and I could feel the pain and the blood running down my leg. Thing only thing I could say was this".

"Folks, you have just seen the fastest draw you're ever going to see." "I have drawn my revolver from it's holster, fired it and put in back into the holster before the bullet could come out of the barrel and I've just shot myself in the leg."

SoonerTactical

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let me say that the guy is an idiot, a very unlucky idiot.

Let me say that I, and all of us, are idiots, but most of us have been luckier than he.

Seriously though, it's a great eye-opening video of how small of a lapse in concentration or non-standard equipment can cause any of us to make mistakes.

Glad he's all right and willing to face ridicule to share a very important lesson to all of us.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That reminds me of a video I watched many years ago about another incident.

Capt. Dan Combs of OHP used to do firearms exhibition shooting. He had several videos on file at the library that I used to watch during breaks when I went through CLEET. He was one of the fastest to draw and shoot a revolver that I've ever seen. He was a legend in OHP.

He was telling this story on one of his videos.

"I was demonstrating a fast draw and I shot myself in the leg. I stood there for a moment and I could feel the pain and the blood running down my leg. Thing only thing I could say was this".

"Folks, you have just seen the fastest draw you're ever going to see." "I have drawn my revolver from it's holster, fired it and put in back into the holster before the bullet could come out of the barrel and I've just shot myself in the leg."

That guy was amazing. I'll never forget watching him shoot when I was a kid.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I LOL'd at his perfect enunciation after just after shooting his own leg. He called his parents and then called 911? Lawl. "Mom. Dad. I just fawking SHOT MYSELF. OH SON OF A *****, I just shot myself."

Obviously the dude totally shot himself, but that holster did not do him any favors IMO. I'm not a fan of holsters that retain with anything other than the snug fit of leather. Especially one that requires you to go punching at releases near the safety of a 1911.

Score one for the paper assailant.

ETA: That dude is 23??? I would have guessed him to be closer to my dad's age. Seriously.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom