Incredibly Hot Today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
VwjtcDq.png

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have been trying to get out and mow all week but it is always above 85, or the neighbors are still asleep. I plan on mowing at least the front yard in the morning no matter the temp.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got out of the house about 7:30am to finish prepping my food plots before it got too hot. took about 2-3 hours. Since I was on the tractor already I ended up brush hogging another couple acres that hadn't been done in several months. Then decided to keep going and mow another acre of untouched pasture next to the earlier mowed area to clean things up a bit. Finally got off the tractor about 2pm. It was hot but one thing I noticed is that my body handled the heat better by starting early and keep going not taking breaks to cool down in the house of AC'ed shop. But boy, was I dirty!

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This was in OKC this afternoon. YIKES!!

View attachment 403363

I figured as much. My poor chickens were STILL panting with their wings out from their bodies at 9 o'clock this evening. And I lost a rabbit. Poor guy. I checked on everybody at 2 this afternoon and he (and everyone else) was/were doing fine. Nobody was out of water but I changed waterers out anyway so they could all have a drink of cool water. Went back out at 6 and he was gone. 😢😢😢 He was in the coolest pen, too. I kinda baby him cuz he's the old man of the bunch. Or at least he was. I've had him 10, 11 years and he was a couple of years old when I got him. I'm gonna miss the old man.

So ... If anyone knows of a young buck for sale -- NZ/Cali cross or Temuk -- let me know. I'm not looking hard cuz it's too damned hot to be breeding right now anyway.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Temps like that suck. Normal days when working in the power plant but I’m not acclimatized to those temps anymore.
Yea back decades ago when working construction I could handle the heat a lot better. Worked in 100+ temps many, many times. I had a big walk in shower in the house I was renting so I would put a lawn chair in there and just sit in cool showers sipping on iced tea until I felt human again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom