Its not hot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I put one in my last house. They definitely work. The only things I don't like about them is the dust they suck in and having a huge heat loss in the winter, but a cover alleviates most of that one.

When the crew was up in my attic in August installing my new HVAC system I asked if they wanted it on. They said HELL YEA! Later on the crew lead said this was the "best" job they've had to do all year. After that when the inspector came out, he asked me specifically who the installer was. I asked him back "why do you want to know?" He said because he's "never seen an install this good, every single thing is textbook perfect. They did an outstanding job." Confirmation of my long held opinion that you do better work when you are comfortable.
When we did remodeling adding ac to Indian houses the first thing was get the condenser and evaporated hooked up. Then as we re did the duct work we had it blowing into the attic as we worked. Tying that last duct run into the plenum got pretty warm up there.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is it hot? Yes. I have taken the top off my car and drive with it in this heat, I love it. To help to manage the heat the air is on high and provides a nice cooling breeze. Help prevent global warming, get a Jeep, Bronco, Camaro convertible or Mustang Convertible. Save the planet by driving with the top off and air on high! Don't have a convertible, roll down those windows.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I spent my working life in big machine shops with heat treat furnaces and the final 16 years in a coal fired power plant, none of which had AC.
The turbine floor of the power plant ran 120 degrees in the winter, and 130* in the summer.
The O2 probes in the superheater section of the boiler ran 145* year around. We had to calibrate them weekly. Cycle in crews every 20 minutes to complete the calibrations.
We have been snowbirds now for 8 years chasing the mid 70's temperatures around the country in an RV.
Today in Duluth Minnesota, there was a heat alert for the projected 85* high temp of the day.
Those of us in our group we travel with had a big laugh when seeing they were putting in cooling stations and so on as we are from Tx and Ok.
They never see that temp here, so it was something they are not prepared for and acclimated for the cold. Nobody here has an AC. Lake Superior provides the AC at the average of 70* in the summer. Winds carry the coolness inland.
Been there, done that and hope to never do the summer temps again as long as our health keeps up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom