Incredibly Hot Today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I could afford it I would live somewhere that it was in the 40s at night and the 60s during the day but only if it was a 2A location.

Does such a place even exist?

I've often said that if I were rich I would have a summer time two story double wide up north somewhere.
Yes it does. Get an RV and chase the 70 degree benchmark every summer and winter.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Saturday afternoon I was in my dad's shop sorting the stuff to keep from the stuff to toss. We had fans going, but in the afternoon it was like sitting in front of a dadgum hair dryer.
I installed an Air Conditioner in my shop finally after 10 or so years of dying in there during the summers to work on stuff. Wife complained its gonna raise the electric bill. I don't give a shat. I'm reloading, tying flies. and general tinkering in the shop in comfort now with two ceiling fans on high to distribute the cool air. Fawk the cost. She wouldn't live in that discomfort, why should I?

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The wife prefers to sleep in a cool room and is generally unhappy when the weather gets warm like it is now. When in the hotels, she sleeps on top of the bed covers and covers up with a very light blanket. By contrast, I want under all the covers.

She can't understand that I can handle the heat (100's-plus) the last few weeks) and not be so uncomfortable.

That said, I learned something yesterday...

...don't fill up you vehicle using the pump that faces the sun and is not shaded. Putting in the zip code for the credit card authorization let me find out that the buttons (metal, no doubt) were scalding hot.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
If I could afford it I would live somewhere that it was in the 40s at night and the 60s during the day but only if it was a 2A location.

Does such a place even exist?

I've often said that if I were rich I would have a summer time two story double wide up north somewhere.
NW Wyoming and here and there in Alaska, going to need some elevation during during the summers for sure.

Latest posts

Top Bottom