Incredibly Hot Today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
If I could afford it I would live somewhere that it was in the 40s at night and the 60s during the day but only if it was a 2A location.

Does such a place even exist?

I've often said that if I were rich I would have a summer time two story double wide up north somewhere.
In reality though it would be easier to move underground. Become a subterranean being lol. Temps in the 50's practically anywhere in the world year around.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got up at 430 this morning to go take the bicycle out for a couple miles before it was hot. I was sweating by the time I put air in the tires, it was 82 degrees. Ridiculous.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
8000’ seems to be about the right altitude to stay in the 70’s and low 80’s.

My house in Colorado was right about 8400'. Generally, that's about right. You'll still have the freak days when you get snow and hail in July or August and once the storm passes it's back to 70°. I'd go from sweatshirt to t-shirt to jacket to t-shirt all in one day...even within the span of a few hours.

I really miss living in the mountains. I really DON'T miss living in Colorado (aka: Little California).

This was the view from my deck:

U.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My house in Colorado was right about 8400'. Generally, that's about right. You'll still have the freak days when you get snow and hail in July or August and once the storm passes it's back to 70°. I'd go from sweatshirt to t-shirt to jacket to t-shirt all in one day...even within the span of a few hours.

I really miss living in the mountains. I really DON'T miss living in Colorado (aka: Little California).

This was the view from my deck:

View attachment 403859
I’d hate losing that view.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And you guys thought all this “global warming” stuff was wrong…..

It is still...

...my understanding is that this weather is because of an "El Nino." My basic knowledge of Spanish tells me it is all the fault of some little boy.

Everybody needs to quit procreating.

cboss

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The thing that gets me as this is my first Oklahoma summer is that it says hot for so long. When I lived in Virginia, it would start cooling down around 5pm, and in San Diego, it hardly ever got hot enough to care about, but I find that I'm still sweating my yam bag off at like 8pm here.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I put on my Duluth armachillo underwear this morning that have the lemon slices and lemonade glasses printed all over them. I reckon 6 gallon of lemonade ended up in my socks today. Phone says it feels like 122.

Latest posts

Top Bottom