Its not hot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
I bought a portable swamp cooler on Amazon Prime day this year. It’s on the back porch and it helps a bunch.
I tried a portable humidity generator at my shop in Houston…I made them take it back. All it did was make more rust.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I tried a portable humidity generator at my shop in Houston…I made them take it back. All it did was make more rust.

Yeah if you already have tons of moisture in the air they won’t help. Just starting to appreciate its effect now that our humidity is starting to thin out. Should be better as the summer goes on.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do you have one in your house? I have put them in most of the homes we built and remodeled. They are one great addition to a home that has went out of style. They will delay having to use AC and burn a lot of beans or something else in the kitchen and they will clean out the house fast!

My grandpa would joke about don’t set between granny and the attic fan after supper!!!
I put one in my last house. They definitely work. The only things I don't like about them is the dust they suck in and having a huge heat loss in the winter, but a cover alleviates most of that one.

When the crew was up in my attic in August installing my new HVAC system I asked if they wanted it on. They said HELL YEA! Later on the crew lead said this was the "best" job they've had to do all year. After that when the inspector came out, he asked me specifically who the installer was. I asked him back "why do you want to know?" He said because he's "never seen an install this good, every single thing is textbook perfect. They did an outstanding job." Confirmation of my long held opinion that you do better work when you are comfortable.

Last edited:

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been trying to get to the spark plugs on the back bank of my 2008 Chevy Uplander's 3.9L V6 for the past couple of days. Been up all night and finally got to where I can actually put a hand on the sparkplug boot. Can't quite get it too come loose. Got a PT appointment at 8:15, been out there on and off all night. Too warm for me in the daytime. Used to be heat and cold tolerant. Not anymore, apparently. I'm probably going to have to cancel my wife's pain management doctor appointment if I can't get the blasted things out, and replaced before time to leave for my appointment.

Supposed to ratchet strap the engine to tilt it forward, but that didn't work. Can't even get my hands back where the plugs are. Put it up in the air, and got to them from underneath, but. Can lay finger tips on the plug boots, but can't pull them off. Going to take it to the shop that fixed my pickup tomorrow morning...

Latest posts

Top Bottom