Invidia 10/1 stock split

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For those of you smarter than I, if you’re a stock market/trader guy, would you jump in on Invidia? Is there upside potential if you buy in before the split? If one has money to play with, would you roll the dice?

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t know what Invidia is… 🥸
But I know what Nvidia is.

Smartass off.

I’m fairly indifferent to stock splits as it doesn’t immediately change market capitalization. It’s usually used to increase liquidity in stock price and make it more affordable or “attractive” to more people’s budgets. It can be a good thing, but you have to dig deeper into the financials and market and the “why” of the split.
If NVDA interests you, then you may want to do it. I’m not a huge fan of individual stocks, although I own a few. I like the ETF/Mutual fund route. It limits my upsides, but also spreads the risk. So, I may not be the best to espouse on a single stock.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don’t know what Invidia is… 🥸
But I know what Nvidia is.

Smartass off.

I’m fairly indifferent to stock splits as it doesn’t immediately change market capitalization. It’s usually used to increase liquidity in stock price and make it more affordable or “attractive” to more people’s budgets. It can be a good thing, but you have to dig deeper into the financials and market and the “why” of the split.
If NVDA interests you, then you may want to do it. I’m not a huge fan of individual stocks, although I own a few. I like the ETF/Mutual fund route. It limits my upsides, but also spreads the risk. So, I may not be the best to espouse on a single stock.
Thanks GP. Yes, I knew I was spelling it wrong but was in a rush and didn’t look up the proper spelling. It didn’t seem right at the time.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just looked at the initial search page and saw it was connected with SAP. SAP cost me and my friends our jobs and I will never associate with SAP again. We called it Stop All Production.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't pay any attention to splits for the short term or anticipate any real gains.

It just means:

$1000 stock price per share = $100 stock price per share, but you now own 10 shares instead of 1.

It really doesn't do anything to valuation, it just makes the stock price more affordable to an average joe. ETA: Or keeps it out of penny stock and delisting territory if it's a reverse split. If this happens it means you should have already dumped it post haste.

It can mean things over the long haul. Look at Apple. I don't even know what a share of Apple stock would cost now if they hadn't done all the splits they have over their history. Somebody more up to speed on their history might could, but I'd guess a single share might be over $100k? :anyone:

Anyway, Apple has done three 2-1 splits, a 7-1 and the last was a 4-1.

Latest posts

Top Bottom