Issue with Sportsworld

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Update:
I went in to retrieve my shotgun today and the store was packed which would eventually play into my favor. I told the first guy I talked with that I was there to pick up my gun. He asked if they had called and said it was ready. I handed him my card and said "no, that's the problem, you all have had my gun for over 3 months and no one has bothered to call me".

When he returned with the gun, there were several parts in plastic bags attached. He asked if I would like to go ahead and purchase the firing pin and spring. (I assumed these had already been installed) I said I would not pay for the parts as no one had called me to let me know that they were even being ordered. He then told me that I would have to pay $15 to get my gun back. I told him I would not pay anything to get my firearm back that had been held for 3 months with absolutely no work done to it. This is when he stepped away and retrieved a woman.

I had spoke to said woman on the phone on Monday. She was the one who guaranteed me that someone would call me back that day and let me know what was going on. She told me that I would have to pay for the parts as they would be out the money for them. She was extremely rude and seemed to have quite a chip on her shoulder.

This is when the store being completely packed played into my favor. I raised me voice just enough to where the 10-12 people standing around could hear. I explained that I have purchased numerous firearms from them over the years and that I felt I had been treated very poorly. Everyone standing around heard my frustration as I broke down what I had gone through (keeping my gun for 3 months, no phone calls, promising communication but not following up etc etc.) She very quickly had me sign to pick up my firearm and handed it back to me. She said there was no need for this on Thanksgiving. I explained that there would have been no need for this if someone had just picked up the phone and given me a call. That is when she told me to "look around and see all these people, we don't have time to call people back". I said that is exactly why you will no longer be getting any of my business or that of my friends and family. Looks like you have more than you can handle.

I plan to never return to Sportsworld. I was planning on purchasing a Citori in the next month and after today's outcome I will be taking my business elsewhere. Not that losing out on one gun purchase is a big deal to them, but you have to look at the big picture. Over the way they treated me, they have lost out on thousands of dollars in gun purchases from me in the future. Not to mention those of my family and a couple of close friends that I have already spoken to today. Who knows, they may have lost out on future gun purchases by several OSA members now that I have taken the time to let everyone know how I was treated. I certainly hope that is the case.

Kid Glock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Update:
I plan to never return to Sportsworld. I was planning on purchasing a Citori in the next month and after today's outcome I will be taking my business elsewhere. Not that losing out on one gun purchase is a big deal to them, but you have to look at the big picture. Over the way they treated me, they have lost out on thousands of dollars in gun purchases from me in the future. Not to mention those of my family and a couple of close friends that I have already spoken to today. Who knows, they may have lost out on future gun purchases by several OSA members now that I have taken the time to let everyone know how I was treated. I certainly hope that is the case.

Glad it turned out ok for you. After my bad experience there, I will never darken their door again. Kinda sad really to see them still jackin people. I thought it might just have been the old man but guess not.

Barrett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
HOLLY CRAP!

I thought they didn't like me because:

1. I am a fireman

2. EMSA paramedic

3. TCSO SWAT Medic

4. Wanted to buy a 'cheap junk gun, like a Colt Gold Cup'

I could go on and on. I tried to buy a....anyway...its not ME!!!! They are maggots!

I even gave them a 're-try' after they moved!

Awesome!

Totally FREAKIN' Awesome!

I am not the ONLY gun guy in Tulsa that will NEVER go in there again!:laugh6:

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went in there one time and asked about a magazine tube for a cheap .22 rifle, The lady that works there told me their gunsmith could build me one for $60.00,( I guess that is a fair price), I kinda thought out loud if the gun was even worth spending that kinda money on and she quickly said " well he has a family and has to make a living too" I said thanks and left. She is kinda hateful? I have been back twice once for a holster for my ccw and once for a pistol that a friend called me about but I don't shop there frequently.

PUMPKIN

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only thing i went there for has been ammo. They short changed me on some ar mags that i purchased and acted mad that i wanted my correct change. they are some very unhappy people. I'll be taking my business elswhere as well.

Spooln-Rex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yea i have never had a "bad" experience there but i kinda treat it like dongs which i very seldomly make the trip. either way they had the M&P 9c i wanted and at the best price around town so i went said i want that gun handled it just to check it out and purchased.

now the boys over at OPS are some of my favorite guys to talk to and purchase from even though i have only bought one gun from them so far it wont be the last.

sorry to hear about the experience but good job on standing your ground and getting it back without being out of pocket. most people i know would have just paid to avoid the confrontation.

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi,

SportsWorld is under the thought they they don't have to treat you right as a customer because if you don't purchase from them, someone else will. Sadly, this "business plan" of theirs hasn't seemed to be a problem for them. I'm not a fan, but I sometimes go in there to look at something if they have it in stock... If it were the best price from them (and it usually isn't), I would buy from them, but I'm not under any misunderstanding that they care about me as a customer.

Good luck,

Alan

aceflyer001

Marksman
Reaction score
Can't speak as to SportsWorld's past or other people's experience, but I recently bought an XD from them and it was a good transaction. Very nice and helpful and good price.

Latest posts

Top Bottom