KFC. What Are They Thinking?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
KFC was a treat, when I was a kid. The chicken was great AND FULLY COOKED!
Not mentioning where, but a few places, during lunch or dinner, serve the chicken raw as crap. The last time I ate at one, bit into the raw ass chicken, I took it back to the manager. He said it was cooked because it's on a strict timer but would get me another wing.....I ordered a wing and breast and the brest was raw.
I told him he could eat it.
Notice the cook pulling a basket out of the deep frier loaded with chicken. A bit later the beeper went off. What do you think?

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember when KFC chicken was a good size, now they are extremely small. I guess when they made their name smaller they made their chicken match. Slim's Chicken and Popeyes, just depends on what I'm in the mood for.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember when KFC chicken was a good size, now they are extremely small. I guess when they made their name smaller they made their chicken match. Slim's Chicken and Popeyes, just depends on what I'm in the mood for.
Popeye's is good stuff. Slim's is lousy, but Chicken E is good to go.

RustedBeef

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have Golden Chic, Cain's, Zatsby's, KFC, used to have Charlie's, Slim's, Chick-Fil-A, and I'm sure there's more I"m forgetting in Stillwater.... too many damn chicken places.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Popeye's is good stuff. Slim's is lousy, but Chicken E is good to go.

The Slim's in Moore is pretty lousy, at least the one time I ate there. Chicken was more dry than the skin of a cactus in the Mojave. The Slim's in Broken Arrow though is a world of difference. If you are ever out this way give them a try. Chicken Express is decent, its pretty hit or miss out here with them.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Slim's in Moore is pretty lousy, at least the one time I ate there. Chicken was more dry than the skin of a cactus in the Mojave. The Slim's in Broken Arrow though is a world of difference. If you are ever out this way give them a try. Chicken Express is decent, its pretty hit or miss out here with them.

Broasted Chicken is my favorite. KFC used to use that process of pressurized cooking using hot oil and high pressure. But I think they got away from that in years past.

killerpigeon

Native off the Reservation
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember as a kid getting KFC after church, it was the best. Having it now is almost nauseating and I'm fat and will eat anything.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Charlies chicken has some chicken legs darned near as big as small turkey legs sometimes.
Agree KFC has the record for tiny chicken parts. It used to be not that way.

Typical marketing. People gripe when prices are raised on a product. Lessen the size or the weight of the product and it’s not noticed as quickly, so less griping.

Latest posts

Top Bottom