Kids and rock concerts...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You gotta be firm. Take on being the bad guy. Trust me, he'll get over it. Tell him how uncool it was to take advantage of you like that, and how you can't afford him privileges like going to rock concerts if he's going to do that. He may get mad, but deep down, he'll get the message that you really want him to have fun, but that you are responsible for his well being.

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im not going to judge because everyone raises their kids different. I will tell you this though, I would be at that concert without my kids knowledge, just to keep an eye on things. He would definitely not be riding around at 4am when curfew is 11 weekdays and 12 on the weekends. That's against the law and trouble makers are out at that time. If he called and said that he was at someones house playing video games or something like that, that's totally different. If my son is out and he doesn't call me to let me know what's up, next time he wants to go out, it will not happen. My son stays out until 4 am and doesn't call me, he will be grounded. My wife plays the friend card and it doesn't play well, they walk all over her. They do like her more because of that fact but I rather my kids not like me very much and learn some responsibilities then like me and act like spoiled kids.

snipes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im not going to judge because everyone raises their kids different. I will tell you this though, I would be at that concert without my kids knowledge, just to keep an eye on things. He would definitely not be riding around at 4am when curfew is 11 weekdays and 12 on the weekends. That's against the law and trouble makers are out at that time. If he called and said that he was at someones house playing video games or something like that, that's totally different. If my son is out and he doesn't call me to let me know what's up, next time he wants to go out, it will not happen. My son stays out until 4 am and doesn't call me, he will be grounded. My wife plays the friend card and it doesn't play well, they walk all over her. They do like her more because of that fact but I rather my kids not like me very much and learn some responsibilities then like me and act like spoiled kids.

exactly

DaveTec

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah concert was over at 10:30. I'd bust him for the sheer stupidity of not checking in. Especially if he has a cell phone.

Big +1 You got played and he needs to get taught. I gotta 14 year old boy myself. Bring the doom! (just don't rat him or his buddy out to the mamma's. That would work totally against you. )

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd leave mama out of it and let him know that he won't be pulling that on you ever again. It's a matter of trust and he violated yours.

Sounds like he's probably a good kid but you know how easy it is for them to get started down the wrong path and little nips and guidance here and there will help keep him on the right one. That's what it's all about...

Glockwork1987

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i came from a house hold of a loving family.. my dad is my best friend, and dont get me wrong, but he has put his foot in my @55 more than a few times. i have 2 siblings and i am the oldest. however my father is very cool, likes rock, and is my concert buddy. i would just say, if he is a good kid then let him enjoy the night out, aslong as he is safe with trust worthy people. not saying for them to get trashed and party hardy but at 14 i definalty doubt that they are doing all that business. again this is just my opinion, and i have only had about 1 1/2 months of fatherhood experiance. my father let me go to concerts and partys, but i have always had the call me if you need a ride, or any problems kinda parents. they didnt approve of drinking or any of that kinda stuff that high schoolers do. but they would rather pick me up themselves than me get into a accident or get in trouble with the law. and honestly knowing that they were cool about that kinda thing kinda made me responsible. they have been a few times i called for a ride. but having cool parents that are REAL parents deffinalty is a good thing from a childs perspective. it is ok to be the cool dad, but also got to be a parent.. good luck.. i bet the concert rocked' i seen ozzy and rob a couple years back. one of my fav. shows to date!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom