Kids and rock concerts...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bulls eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You aint his friend, your his dad. Act like it. One of the biggest mistakes parents make is to try to be friends with their kids. God didnt put you in his life as a friend, He made you his parent. You can be friends once he is grown and out of the house and has his own kids. He will take that friend stuff as far as you will let him.

DaveTec

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nofearfactor: Good job. I think you've got a good handle on it. Sounds like a good mix of discipline and loving fathering. Too strict and they rebel and resent; too lenient and they walk all over you and don't learn respect.

The mix is the key.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I raised my two kids by myself, from diapers to teens. And I'd like to say that imho, there's some damn fine parents here, not because any are perfect or have all the right answers, but because it's clear you all care, sadly we know some don't.

:clap3: :clap3: :clap3:

And remember, it's not just your kids you're raising, it's our nations future.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ummm "riding around" was always what i was doing when i got into trouble.....probably because i wasnt only "riding around"

This.

i hope my kids never hear how bad i was....lol

When I figure in that I never got caught... holy hell am I in trouble...

I wouldn't have allowed my 14 year old to go unsupervised. I was at the concert and watched the cops pull 1/2 a dozen people out of the area we we're sitting. 4 of them got busted for smoking pot and 2 for general stupidity, way too much to drink.

Nothing good goes on in tulsa after midnight and as had been mentioned they were breaking the law.

They're busting people at concerts now?

I've never seen anyone get busted at a concert. Heck, when we went to Skynyrd in 2003 at the Zoo Amp, we were 6 heads off the front and it was being passed wide open before the sun even went down. They'd even open packs of cigarettes that had joints in the bottom of the pack and let 'em in. I'm pretty sure those were OKCPD and not private security badges.

I don't have kids, so don't lend much credit to my advice. I'd just take it up with the boy directly and not involve his mother if it's a first offense, but let him know this is his only warning.

When I go on fishing trips with my dad now, each day we're on the lake I bring up a story that starts with "Remember when I did xxxx? Well, this is what really happened." Yeah, them are some fun moments in a bass boat...

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well if either of my two boys would have stayed out that late then I can promise you I wouldn't have been their friend. All I wanted was for them to respect me and my word as they were growing up. Never had many problems, never had to bail either one out of jail..I guess I was lucky but I do know that now we all enjoy hunting and camping together as friends..Its a great relationship to have with your kids..good luck my friend..

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I may be somewhat fortunate in these situations as my kids are nowhere near cool enough to pull the stuff we did.

I started "riding around" when I was 13 and haven't stopped yet....

S ,D, & R-n-R......God bless 'em!

Latest posts

Top Bottom