Kindle Users?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey, Cinaet ... prayers to you on your surgeries, man. We aren't that far from ya ... if you need anything during that time just holler!!

Thanks for the kind thoughts BadgeBunny. They mean more than you prolly know. Also, I would definitely like to be able to check out books from the brary. I hope when it's introduced for the Kindle it's a software upgrade and therefor backward compatible.

And thanks for all the additional useful info on the Kindle you guys. Much appreciated!

okdzb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife has one, I've played with it, I wouldn't mind having one...[/url]

2 days ago and this isn't in anybody's sig line yet?

Now .. so this isn't a hijack .. Do you Kindle folks prefer the Kindle to actual hardcopies? Any drawbacks? How hard is it to keep your place? Can you make notes in the 'Books'? If I have to read anything very long on a computer I usually wind up printing it out .. just feels more like reading for some reason.

jrusling

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
2 days ago and this isn't in anybody's sig line yet?

Now .. so this isn't a hijack .. Do you Kindle folks prefer the Kindle to actual hardcopies? Any drawbacks? How hard is it to keep your place? Can you make notes in the 'Books'? If I have to read anything very long on a computer I usually wind up printing it out .. just feels more like reading for some reason.

I have always loved to read, but due to my eyesight I have not been reading very much for pleasure the last few years. With the Kindle I can easily read several hours at a time without straining the eyes. I find it as easy on the eyes to read as a good quality hard back book. It is also even handier to read that a paperback, due to its size and not having to hold the pages open. It also helps a lot to be able to change the size of the print. There are some times when I use the text to speech feature and it is really pretty good for computer generated speech. The Kindle normally keeps track of what page you are in each book that you are reading. You can also place bookmarks. You can do annotations for the books that you read. I was not sold on the Kindle until I actually got my hands on one for a couple of minutes, then I was sold and bought mine within a couple of weeks.

K-Man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had mine for a couple of months. I like to read and with now living in a 5th wheel RV, there's no room for the traditional books. It's lightweight and easy to read. I've yet to have to recharge the battery. I bought it too in order to offer custom leather covers.

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had mine for a couple of months. I like to read and with now living in a 5th wheel RV, there's no room for the traditional books. It's lightweight and easy to read. I've yet to have to recharge the battery. I bought it too in order to offer custom leather covers.

Great.. Now I have to order an exotic cover for my kindle...

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought my wife a kindle for her birthday, she loves it she has read more for pleasure in the past 6 weeks than she has read in a year. I can't find a drawback with the reading format but there are some authors that I like to read who have refused to publish electronically. I have shelves full of books at home and tend to reread books I enjoy when I don't want to drop the coin on a new book, I wouldn't mind rebuying some of them in electronic format but Terry Goodkind won't publis electronicaly and his series is one that I will reread a few times.

Actually I take that back looks like Goodkind has joined the ebook world.

Darn your hides for statring this thread and making me look, now I have to buy a kindle for myself.

Last edited:

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey Cinaet ... while I was playing around with my phone last night I downloaded the Kindle App ... just to see what was in there ... OMGosh ... I kinda like the classics (never mind that there are a BUNCH of them I never read).

I still want a Kindle but it's pretty neat to have all those books at your fingertips ... Whenever I have to hang out somewhere (like the doctor's office) I can read a book now instead of looking at another 4 year old edition of People Magazine or AARP Magazine ...

Latest posts

Top Bottom