Last Time You Fired A Shot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yesterday. I took out a new to me Rossi .357 lever rifle and my Blackhawk with the 9mm cylinder . Had fun and got two free ticks. Is this a great country or what ?

I got multiple free ticks helping my brother build a new hunting blind to let friends let their kids try to get a deer, or maybe a snowy day, or us after retirement when we don't want to feel the cold.

Just no shooting, unless you want to count fly swatter time with horse flies?

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
Careful, they are not free... you have to feed them!!

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
300 rounds down range at the 25y steel tonight.

@Hangfire, You have fresh painted targets for the morning.

View attachment 170288

Have been unable to go so far this week but I do really appreciate you thinking of me but I do plan on going in the morning around 7:00......I'm running a little low on funds right now for Wally World 99¢ a can paint, don't suppose you'd drive down this evening and paint them for me would ya ? :)

Last edited:

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have been unable to go so far this week but I do really appreciate you thinking of me but I do plan on going in the morning around 7:00......I'm running a little low on funds right now for Wally World 99¢ a can paint, don't suppose you'd drive down this evening and paint them for me would ya ? :)

I painted them all about 30 minutes ago. I worked over the 6” group. But someone else was on the random ones on the left. They weren’t hurting them too bad when I left. :)

Ahhh that’s where the cheap a$$ paint came from. I use the 2X coverage Rustoleum. I’m too lazy to put 18 coats of that Walmart house brand on it.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bout 15 minutes ago. Seen 2 coyote pups. One lost his life. It was a drive by shooting. He was dead when he hit the ground.
B5186E13-7E04-44E7-9078-1D7803FECAED.jpeg

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went early this morning and put a partial box of 68 rounds, that I'd been meaning to burn up, of 45 ACP through my SA 1911.......wasn't hitting the 8" gong at 25 yds. as good as I normally do and got aggravated at myself but I was the only one on the range and still had a good time.

Go back to the eye doc tomorrow morning for a exam and get a prescription for my new post op glasses so hopefully by this time next week I'll have my new glasses and my blurry sights will be a thing of the past.......I may not be able to hit things any better after the eye surgery and new glasses but at least I should be able to see the dirt fly to show me where I'm missing. :)

Garrett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This morning I tested a couple of the Winchester Defender (1oz slug and 3-00 buckshot), one on water and one on ice. They were fired from a Mav 88 w/20" barrel from about 22ft.

22ft.jpg

It performed as promised, the buckshot triangulated perfectly around the slug for about a 4.5" spread. Not something a bad guy would want to catch...

102_9735.JPG

Slug on the left hit the ice and the slug on the right hit the water.

102_9744 (2).JPG

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Made it to the range this morning for the first time post-cataract surgery! Put about 100 rounds of various handloads through the XD and the PPS M2. I was experimenting with some light loads with 147-grain Berry's and 150-grain Precision Bullet's. Some worked and some didn't ... just too light in some cases, and in others the Berry's so-called "round nose" did not want to feed. Time to re-group and make some adjustments. But, it was SO nice to be back shooting!

Latest posts

Top Bottom