Legendary rocker Meat Loaf is dead…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeUSooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Few people know this, but in 1968 Meatloaf [then aged 20] was offered - but turned down - a guaranteed contract with the Metropolitan Opera for a half-million a year ($500,000 was a HUGE amount of money back then! ... equivalent to well-over $7 million today).

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He was a cool guy, I got to work with him for a few days back in my younger years when we both were in the movie “Leap of Faith” since I was a musician as well he and I hit it off pretty well, he was just a regular guy with a story !

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
He was a cool guy, I got to work with him for a few days back in my younger years when we both were in the movie “Leap of Faith” since I was a musician as well he and I hit it off pretty well, he was just a regular guy with a story !
That's pretty cool. Did you call him Meat, Mr. Loaf, or Marvin? :D

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I discovered that Bat Out of Hell in 1978. I wore out several cassettes of the album.

Back around 1984 I met a tiny little gal; dark haired and wild eyed. Harleys were her favorite bike, BOoH was her favorite album. I had both.

Over the next 4 or 5 months we tried to wear each other out...good times. We wandered apart during a breathing spell.

I still think of that girl from time to time...

Say what you will about Meat Loaf, but the guy had some pipes. He could certainly belt out a song.

Latest posts

Top Bottom