Lets see all the AK's!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very nice set up.

So how do you like that optic setup? Just curious how easy that configuration is to use.

Romanian SAR-2, with 20mm muzzle adapter, 20mm flash hider, Kvar handguard and USPalm battlegrip, Aimpoint H-1 and Fenix TK11 in a Vltor offset mount on an Ultimak gas tube mounting system.

I kind of worried about the Fenix when I first bought it as it was cheaper, but it lasted through 1500 rounds on my AR without missing a beat, so I slapped it on my AK as it's my HD/CQB carbine.

i1147.photobucket.com_albums_o556_gunpics2099_AK_1911dynamicduo.jpg

BrandonMF

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The aimpoint/ultimak combo is the best AK sight option there is, IMHO. I had it set up before with an R-1 instead of an H-1, but when I was jobless, I traded the R-1 for ammunition and some magazines so I could keep shooting without breaking into my stockpile. :P I picked up the H-1 recently, and it's even better than I remember it being. I like shooting the aimpoints better with a fixed wood stock than the Romy or E. German sidefolders.

Zeroed it out at happy hollow the other day. Used a cut down top quarter of a B-27 police target to see how it performed at 200 yards. Head and chest shots were easy.

Only gripe I ever had with it was that the ultimak made the rifle harder to clean after shooting with corrosive ammo. I'd run a shotgun bore mop soaking with Hoppes 9 down it after spraying it with windex, but it'd still rust a little on the inside and the mounting screws. But since then I've found that just spraying it out with a water hose, blowing the water out with compressed air and then spraying some CLP on it completely makes this a non-issue. It seriously takes about five minutes and totally eliminates rust issues.

Bill Coye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I put optics on the new krink. it'll be with aimpoint/ultimak combination as noted above.

Here's a better pic of the Arsenal SLR 106CR w/ 12.5" bbl, midwest rail set up for Trijicon RMR optic. Essentially an AK102.

i660.photobucket.com_albums_uu322_4mac_photos_f15dfc56.jpg

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mr. Coye, you have some fantastic AK's. I usually slum it with my AK's.

Here is an AK variant with my most recent mod. It's a TGI Hungarian AMD-65. I ditched the factory forend, modded and stained a Romy wood lower handguard. I'll putthe upper wood on it as soon as I get the time and another gas tube. I also need an AMD65 Tech cheek riser.

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

Sanjuro82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mr. Coye, you have some fantastic AK's. I usually slum it with my AK's.

Here is an AK variant with my most recent mod. It's a TGI Hungarian AMD-65. I ditched the factory forend, modded and stained a Romy wood lower handguard. I'll putthe upper wood on it as soon as I get the time and another gas tube. I also need an AMD65 Tech cheek riser.

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

Nice AMD. Definitely need to get that AMDTech cheek riser. It shocking how something so simple makes such a huge difference.

Latest posts

Top Bottom