Looking for a truck, where to search?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tranger2

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My son totaled my truck and now I'm looking for good, used vehicle. For some reason, I don't want to buy from a dealer, they always tried to steal my trade in. Other than Craigslist, where is the best place to look?

twotonevert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Agreed, Autotrader before Ebay. Also call your bank, most have lists of repo vehicles they want to unload. You can also attend an auction. Just have to be careful there, you dont want to pay more than what the vehicle is worth.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd say autotrader and let everyone you know that you are looking for a truck. Twice I have found cars that my friends told me about that they just happened upon.

If you let us know a little more about what you are looking for we can be of more assistance. Are you looking for something 2005 and newer? Something 1990-2000? Ford Preference? GM Preference? Foreign preference? What was your old truck? Whats your mileage limit?

I could go on forever but you see my point. Let us know what you want and we can be of more help.

JonN06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you want to avoid the car dealers Autotrader, cars.com, and craigslist are probably your best bet. Maybe the facebook marketplace if you are into that sort of thing.

I used to work for an inventory management company, and worked directly with car dealers in the OKC, Tulsa, and surrounding areas. The guys I worked with were awesome, but when your customers are car dealers it gets tiring quick. I'd get calls asking me to take a car off of their website as soon as possible because they had just sold the car for more than what they had it listed for online. I'm trying to think of a decent dealership, but it's hard to remember which ones weren't shady. I could go on for awhile about random shady stories, but I'll save you the time.

If you do consider a dealership make sure and do research on the interwebs, and it's probably a safe bet the print out the page with the price and vehicle information.

zseese

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
^^^If you don't like that one, or want something older, you could always go with this :mean::

http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/cto/2670305284.html

:naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty:

Heck, I want that one, but unfortunately I'm not in the market right now...

But I have had great luck with Auto-Trader, but I usually look in the magazines mostly, actually found great deals on two classic trucks (64 and 69 F100) which were in great shape and seem to be hard to come by, and also on craigslist with the 95 Bronco I had for a while. I also agree with ripnbst, if you let people know what you are looking for you have a much better chance of finding what you want...

Latest posts

Top Bottom