Looking to get into 7.62 in AR Platform What is your favorite

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharlieMurphy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My boss has the LWRC REPR and it will not cycle.

This is interesting. With many different ammo types or one? Unless it is some major issue, most likely the gas block is off somehow or if its adjustable in the off/low setting.

So many good guns in 7.62 right now. I've really been getting into them. My M1A SocomII is a blast to shoot but the 16" barrel is limiting. All the Larue rifles are awesome but be prepared to pony up a lot of cash or for a long wait. I have the 7.62 PredatAR but I would get a PredatOBR if buying now. My Scar 17 is light and easy to shoot. Other than that a FAL would be cool, I love the iron sights on them. The Knights SR-25 is used by out military but they are expensive.

CharlieMurphy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i1310.photobucket.com_albums_s645_SnakeDoctor1776_2014_01_15133856_zpsc5d9a78e.png

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Whatever you chose..i would make sure to get an SR-25 pattern receiver. Magazines are the heart of a semi-auto and Pmags are the best running mags I've seen.

Def cheaper than others and they work, but I've never had a malfunction with my Armalite mags. Everything is going that way anyways, but I didn't rule out the N6 due to mags

okkaps

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's a pic of my LaRue 7.62 tOBR. Sadly the wait is horrible and probably will be for a while (by horrible I'd guess a year +). My second choice would be a GAP, they are likely 6 months out for delivery. If you have a specific budget in mind, there are alot of good choices that won't set you back alot of money. The DPMS SASS is a great rifle for the money and you can pick them up used in like new condition all the time at a great price or new at a good price also. They have alot of custom features/parts and most people would eventually just swap out the barrel for improved accuracy. Just my .02 with what I have actually handled and shot.

i54.photobucket.com_albums_g94_aekdb390_DSC_8153_zps012f2f1f.jpg

jhat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If u have the coin, Larue OBR, LMT MWS, LWRC R.E.P.R., Colt LE901, Knights, and POF.
Otherwise look at Sig, S&W MP10, Ruger 762 and the new Windham 308.
Good luck.

Latest posts

Top Bottom