Looking to recommend an AR to a friend

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with Bushmaster. I owned one for about 8 years and ran thousands of rounds through it with only 1 malfunction and that was with laquor coated Wolf ammo so I don't blame the gun for it.

Spikes tactical is the best I've found for the price so far. I've been really impressed with their products.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Bushmaster that I have owned for about 10 years +. Its had many of rounds, and still runs strong. I can't say anything bad about my Bushy.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What do y'all think of this product specifically? Is a polymer weapon going to be a purchase I regret?

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/69657

They're not well regarded by the AR elitists. I had a Professional Ordinance Carbon 15 upper that ran very well for several thousand rounds. All I did was upgrade the bolt. Professional Ordinance was bought out by Bushmaster.

Generally, the preferred mid tier AR brands for heavy use are Colt, Daniel Defense, LMT and Bravo Company. If it's going to be a plinker that only sees a few hundred rounds a year, most any brand will do. If it's going to be a hard use, patrol or defense rifle, paying a little extra for a really good one will be worth it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom