Looking to recommend an AR to a friend

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
http://palmettostatearmory.com/2557.php

Probably the best deal in the AR market right now. A quality FN barrel, one of the best red dots on the market, and mil-spec gear throughout for $1k. The red dot alone is $400.

Holy poop, that's a smokin' hot deal! I've really been impressed with PSA's parts & service. They've obviously done their research and they're coming on strong in the AR market!

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
http://palmettostatearmory.com/2557.php

Probably the best deal in the AR market right now. A quality FN barrel, one of the best red dots on the market, and mil-spec gear throughout for $1k. The red dot alone is $400.

Does the carbine gas system, as opposed to a mid-length gas system, detract from the value of this package?

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I don't think it will detract from the value at all unless you get one of those guys that are strict by "the list"
There are those that say a carbine length gas system will cause more wear and tear on the rifle, but I haven't seen it yet. I've run upwards of 6k rounds through one of my 16" carbine length rifles and aside from finish wear on the bolt carrier, all is well and good. (this is using a Bushmaster BCG that according to "the list" isn't up to par)
I'm not saying that it won't cause more wear on the gun because it might. I just haven't seen anything yet myself that would justify me not trusting a carbine length.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No doubt the mid-length gas will run a little smoother, but I don't think you could touch a decent mid-length rifle in this price range. You're looking at around 1K for the rifle alone. There are too many quality carbine length gas guns running quite well out there to let it be a bother.

Latest posts

Top Bottom