Lt. Governor Jari Askins

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sorry but Jari Askins looks like a grandma that should be home baking cookies. Not the Govenor. Lets send her home.

Glockcopper

New to the site!
Reaction score
She supports obama, obamacare and Nancy Pelosi. She is very liberal.

What do you guys think about her? I've seen her at several public safety events and she seems very supportive. Today she attended the afternoon portion of guest speaker Lt. Col. Dave Grossman's presentation on the "Bullet Proof Mind" at the Oklahoma Gang Investigators Assoc. Conference (excellent presentation by the way).

She slipped in the back after everyone came back from lunch, stayed till the end and didn't ask to speak or be recognized. I'd bet a significant portion of the attendees never even knew she was there. I observed her reactions to some very non-PC material and she seemed quite supportive of the theme. I think she gets it, unlike a lot of political hacks who see it as face time (cough, cough, kathy taylor).

If that weren't enough, her official state website has links to the National Shooting Sports Federation, the National Wild Turkey Federation and the NRA. While I'm a Republican, unless someone can provide a clear and compelling reason not to, this Democrat has my vote. :thumb:

m.rehme

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mary receives a "A" rating from the NRA Jeri receives a "A-"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mary---

Earned an "A" rating and is endorsed by the NRA-PVF for her consistent pro-gun voting record during her service in United States House of Representatives

Signed the pro-gun congressional "friend of the court" brief in the Heller and McDonald cases, stating that the Second Amendment guarantees a fundamental, individual right that protects all Americans

Opposes any effort to reenact the Clinton semi-auto ban

Voted in favor of allowing law-abiding citizens to carry in National Parks
and Wildlife Refuges

Voted to protect access to federally owned or administered lands for hunting, fishing, trapping and recreational shooting

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We can only hope. I was at the debate Thursday night. Askins actually gave meaningful answers to questions, while Fallin simply repeated catch phrases. We need a governor who can think for herself and not repeat party mantras (be it Democratic or Tea Party/GOP). Askins has a proven track record of working with both parties for the best solutions.

If Fallin is elected governor, the quality of life in Oklahoma is going to decline even more. She will rubber stamp whatever our Legislature puts forth without regard for the long term consequences.

Guys, there is more to life than the myopic view of where someone stands on "open carry." What good is "open carry" if you don't have a job? What good is it if you have to pawn or sell your guns?(And just FYI, I don't know that Askins is against it, she might be for it). There is more to being a Governor and Legislator than passing laws propagated simply to make us feel good. That is pandering. We need a governor who will actually examine the issues and work for the betterment of all Oklahomans. That is Jari Askins.

:talk2hand:

A politician's stand on the 2nd Amendment is pretty good evidence regarding how they regard the people they run to serve.

Pro 2nd = trust and serve
Anti 2nd = distrust and rule

Askins is a died in the wool anti regardless of her NRA rating.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
God Bless America!

aia.media_imdb.com_images_M_MV5BMjAwNTg1NzQ0N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwOTEwMTk2._V1_.jpg

...and no place else!

Latest posts

Top Bottom