Marine Corps Plans To Get Rid Of “Yes Sir” Over Gender Neutrality Concerns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
The world is changing, accept the changes or go kicking and screaming, either way, worlds gonna change.
That's one way to look at it. I'm sure glad the founders of this nation didn't have the same attitude. Change is going to happen for sure. Some changes are stupid and should be resisted as necessary.

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's one way to look at it. I'm sure glad the founders of this nation didn't have the same attitude. Change is going to happen for sure. Some changes are stupid and should be resisted as necessary.
Good response. Liberals have had absolute sway for >50 years and had the sense to hijack our schools, media and political offices while we (conservatives) occupied ourselves with work, lawn care and child care.

Unless conservatives follow the "sleeping giant" genre*, there's not going to be an America in the next 50 years.

* Japanese Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto re 12/7/41: I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve.

I doubt I'll see it in my lifetime, but I hope, someday, your battle cry begins, "Fee Fi Fo Fum", etc.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The world is changing, accept the changes or go kicking and screaming, either way, worlds gonna change.

Folks often claim Darwin's theory allows the "strongest to survive", when it actually allows those that adapt to survive. So you're not wrong, but:

I'm afraid I'll go out like a dinosaur, I have no desire to adapt to what this society has become.

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This won’t effect the Marine Corps SOI one bit or it’s ability to train next years war fighter. The combat arms side of the Corps doesn’t suffer pansies, pus”ies, or pricks. These young men (can’t speak of women) aren’t the indoctrinated college kids you see on TV and YouTube. Most of them you wouldn’t want your daughter dating, but when needed, they damn sure can fight.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This won’t effect the Marine Corps SOI one bit or it’s ability to train next years war fighter. The combat arms side of the Corps doesn’t suffer pansies, pus”ies, or pricks. These young men (can’t speak of women) aren’t the indoctrinated college kids you see on TV and YouTube. Most of them you wouldn’t want your daughter dating, but when needed, they damn sure can fight.
My son just finished his 5 years in the USMC in May of 2020.

They are rapidly going the way of the rest of the world, sorry to say.
Yes, there are definitely the jarheads that are proudly what we think of when Marine comes to mind.

There are unfortunately forces in charge that promote and inflict the new terms and doctrine though. It changed considerably from the time he hit boot to the day he left.

Sad.

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My son just finished his 5 years in the USMC in May of 2020.

They are rapidly going the way of the rest of the world, sorry to say.
Yes, there are definitely the jarheads that are proudly what we think of when Marine comes to mind.

There are unfortunately forces in charge that promote and inflict the new terms and doctrine though. It changed considerably from the time he hit boot to the day he left.

Sad.
From My experience, SOI is where all this crap dies. If it doesn’t, the dogs of war have a way of making it go away. None of it adds value or purpose to the training or the mission and most don’t want to hear it or discuss it. It’s white noise the civilian side gets worked up over.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
After reading the title of this article you may be thinking this is a Babylon Bee article but the answer is no.

A recent report commissioned by the Corps raises “concerns” over Marines using the terms “Sir” or “Ma’am” while addressing drill instructors due to Gender Neutrality worries.

A new academic report on efforts to integrate Marine Corps boot camp recommends dropping gender-specific salutations for drill instructors, but service leaders are not convinced they want to take that step.

The lengthy report, commissioned by the Corps from the University of Pittsburgh in 2020 and completed in 2022, points out that half of the military services already have done away with gendered identifiers for training staff.

“The Army, Navy, and Coast Guard effectively de-emphasize gender in an integrated environment,” the report states. “Instead of saying ‘ma’am’ or ‘sir,’ recruits in these Services refer to their drill instructors using their ranks or roles followed by their last names. Gendered identifiers prime recruits to think about or visually search for a drill instructor’s gender first, before their rank or role.”
https://triunetimes.org/marine-corps-plans-to-get-rid-of-yes-sir-over-gender-neutrality-concerns/
Is the DUMB-ING DOWN of America about complete or what?

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is the DUMB-ING DOWN of America about complete or what?

Well they have had a long time to work on it, I feel it began with things like Steward and Stewardess why don't we call em flight attendants , seemingly innocuous little things and the next thing you know its a gender neutral marine and tampons in the boys room at school

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well they have had a long time to work on it, I feel it began with things like Steward and Stewardess why don't we call em flight attendants , seemingly innocuous little things and the next thing you know its a gender neutral marine and tampons in the boys room at school
Is EVERYONE trying to out CRAZY each other?

Latest posts

Top Bottom