Marine Corps Plans To Get Rid Of “Yes Sir” Over Gender Neutrality Concerns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
China and Russia promoting masculinity and dominance and we promote this. Our elected Republicans are failing us...letting us lose the country as long as they have their money and comfort. Washington, King, Mandela, Gandhi, etc, all willing to go to prison to stand up for what they believed was right. Ours just go on FOX for a quick soundbite, and the liberal assault on America continues moving forward.

Last edited:

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well they have had a long time to work on it, I feel it began with things like Steward and Stewardess why don't we call em flight attendants , seemingly innocuous little things and the next thing you know its a gender neutral marine and tampons in the boys room at school
What else? How about the turning from Waitress and Waiter to . . . 'Serving Staff'?

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought Star Trek took care of this back in the 60's. Every officer was a sir.
Oddly enough, there's an episode of Strange New Worlds where they use "they/them" as pronouns for an obviously female character (which was jarring in it being the only sign of "wokeness" that I noticed in the first season), but every officer is still Sir.

I do recall being somewhat confused by Lt. Saavik being referred to as "Mister" in Star Trek II. Kirstie Alley was definitely not a "mister" in my book.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After reading the title of this article you may be thinking this is a Babylon Bee article but the answer is no.

A recent report commissioned by the Corps raises “concerns” over Marines using the terms “Sir” or “Ma’am” while addressing drill instructors due to Gender Neutrality worries.

A new academic report on efforts to integrate Marine Corps boot camp recommends dropping gender-specific salutations for drill instructors, but service leaders are not convinced they want to take that step.

The lengthy report, commissioned by the Corps from the University of Pittsburgh in 2020 and completed in 2022, points out that half of the military services already have done away with gendered identifiers for training staff.

“The Army, Navy, and Coast Guard effectively de-emphasize gender in an integrated environment,” the report states. “Instead of saying ‘ma’am’ or ‘sir,’ recruits in these Services refer to their drill instructors using their ranks or roles followed by their last names. Gendered identifiers prime recruits to think about or visually search for a drill instructor’s gender first, before their rank or role.”
https://triunetimes.org/marine-corps-plans-to-get-rid-of-yes-sir-over-gender-neutrality-concerns/

Democrat mental issues permeating everything. Feck em all. It’s a mental disorder that no one needs to cater with.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is something I’ve been thinking about for a long time. I spent 22 years in the Navy (most of which was spent with the Marine Corps). I still call everyone Sir or Ma’am. It’s ingrained in who I am. It doesn’t matter how young or old someone is, I still say it. Now I always feel I’m going to unwittingly offend someone. We have so many “genders” now, nobody knows what to call anyone. So, I was thinking. Other parts of the world have respectful greetings that don’t have anything to do with age or gender. Why don’t we?
I say this because I made the mistake of calling a female “Sir”. She had a baseball cap on and looked like a dude. Then I had a guy in a dress come up to me (had a full beard) and I called him Sir. Both people were very unhappy. I think we have to, at some point, realize we are living in a changing world. (And no I’m not a liberal. I’m a conservative that’s getting older and trying to respect others without losing my own morals).

cboss

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They only say that to scare them navy boys away. Lol
To be fair, the only times I've ever seen 2 servicemembers looking at each other shirtless and telling each other how "cut" they were, were Marines at Camp Lemonier Djibouti

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First the marines got rid of their tanks, now trying to do away with Sir, and also getting rid of their Scout Snipers. @druryj is spinning in his grave. Next thing you know they will be changing the uniform to something more inclusive.

Gay 2.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom