Medicare 2025 Discussion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My part D plan with Blue Cross is going from $24.80 to $59.80, so I'm looking at the medicare website: there is a Wellcare Value Script plan for $0 monthly premium. Yep: $0
I'm searching to find out why it's zero dollars, haven't found anything bad yet, just that Wellcare is basically a good company.
I've tried the online plan comparison and I don't see any big differences.
Any thoughts? Hard to pass up $0 premium. I don't take any prescriptions at this time.

Edit: just found this on https://www.bogleheads.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=438783;
"What allowed WellCare to do this was the total elimination by WellCare of commissions for brokers in 2025 (for both new policies and existing policies) and the implementation of the newly-created $5-$8 billion Premium Stabilization Demonstration Program by CMS (Google it and then click on “News”).

Since you don't have any scripts at this time it may be a good fit. For those with higher tier drug scripts, not so much perhaps. Mine would be nearly $2000 per year with a $590 deductible.

SKATA

Leave the gun, take the cannoli
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My part D plan with Blue Cross is going from $24.80 to $59.80, so I'm looking at the medicare website: there is a Wellcare Value Script plan for $0 monthly premium. Yep: $0
I'm searching to find out why it's zero dollars, haven't found anything bad yet, just that Wellcare is basically a good company.
Any thoughts? Hard to pass up $0 premium. I don't take any prescriptions at this time.

Edit: just found this on https://www.bogleheads.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=438783;
"What allowed WellCare to do this was the total elimination by WellCare of commissions for brokers in 2025 (for both new policies and existing policies) and the implementation of the newly-created $5-$8 billion Premium Stabilization Demonstration Program by CMS (Google it and then click on “News”).
I have the same numbers as you. (FYI I started this tread). Wellcare is trying to monopolize the whole market and push everyone out.
BCBA Basic might be my next choice based on only a couple generic drugs.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1729022166338.png

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

So if you have no formulary then it's likely a good choice. If you had a formulary then you could see if you would fall into a "donut hole" but those are closing in 2025.

Latest posts

Top Bottom