MEGA and RRA-LPK group buys

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott_In_OKC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sadly I think small claims is a waste of time. It would probably cost more money and time than what most people would expect to get back and there is little to no enforcement on the judgments.

I'm only in for $240, plus, like the overly trusting moron I am, paid cash. So at this point, at least for me, any kind of legal recovery seems slim and I'm facing the reality of money tossed out the window.

Cavedweller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm only in for $240, plus, like the overly trusting moron I am, paid cash. So at this point, at least for me, any kind of legal recovery seems slim and I'm facing the reality of money tossed out the window.

Scott - In the original Mega Group buy thread, Les states your payment has been submitted, I wonder if that's enough to get your money back?

OKCIS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After meeting Les in person its hard for me to think he would do something like this. I don't think its the personal issues stopping this either because a payment could be sent to mega in 15 minutes of his time one day.

Is it possible the money got tied up with his divorce? There has to be some legit explanation for the deal the guy is OKCFD i don't think its in his nature to truly screw a large group of people out of this much money without a truly valid excuse.

I know alot of people probably don't agree with me on this next part but if i heard a true reasoning behind it from Les i wouldn't be opposed to letting my money sit a bit longer to allow him to get the situation under control as long as i knew i was getting either the product or my money back. The ignoring everyone has to stop though id say he has a couple of days to respond and then OKCPD should be contacted. Im not wasting my time with small claims he will just file bankruptcy and noone will get any money back.

Teeeroy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After meeting Les in person its hard for me to think he would do something like this. I don't think its the personal issues stopping this either because a payment could be sent to mega in 15 minutes of his time one day.

Is it possible the money got tied up with his divorce? There has to be some legit explanation for the deal the guy is OKCFD i don't think its in his nature to truly screw a large group of people out of this much money without a truly valid excuse.

I know alot of people probably don't agree with me on this next part but if i heard a true reasoning behind it from Les i wouldn't be opposed to letting my money sit a bit longer to allow him to get the situation under control as long as i knew i was getting either the product or my money back. The ignoring everyone has to stop though id say he has a couple of days to respond and then OKCPD should be contacted. Im not wasting my time with small claims he will just file bankruptcy and noone will get any money back.

I agree. Maybe I'm in denial, but I think someone in this position could still make this right - even if the money was diverted somewhere else somehow. Sell something, borrow, beg...whatever. Get on here, state your explanation and make a commitment to make it right by everyone involved.

If Les doesn't come forth and provide some sort of explanation in the next couple of days, then further action is certainly warranted. I'm of the same feeling though, that I'm not likely to see my money again if it comes to that.

TOWNHERO

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

I saw Les at the gun show a few weeks back. He told me about his personal problems and the loss of his very good friend TJ. He seemed depressed. Maybe he is embarrassed about all this. I don't know, just speculating. He actually gave me a new PMAG. I don't think he is intentionaly trying to screw anyone. Over the past year I've talked to him several times, he's not that type. It maybe that the money and/or his busines got tied up in the divorce. I can see that happening. But he really needs to contact someone he knows.
Just my two cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom