Modern medicine, Wow!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tranger2

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had my gall bladder out this morning. Rolled me back a little after 8am for surgery. I'm at home watching tv at 1145am.
I remember when mom was in the hospital over 10 days....

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In 2012, I had one entire kidney, w/tumor (a total of 13#), removed on a Friday and went home the next day. True, I felt like crap and it seemed like a bus had run over me but I was at home. The procedure was done with a laparoscope and one 6" zipper at my navel. I'm here to tell the story so I guess it's all good.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In 2012, I had one entire kidney, w/tumor (a total of 13#), removed on a Friday and went home the next day. True, I felt like crap and it seemed like a bus had run over me but I was at home. The procedure was done with a laparoscope and one 6" zipper at my navel. I'm here to tell the story so I guess it's all good.

30 years ago I had a kidney removed.
They removed the bottom rib and I have a scar that goes nearly half way around my body.

Baus302

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is really amazing what they can do nowadays. I was actually upset when they want to send my wife home the day after our eldest was born.....I was like "don't you think she should stay here a couple of weeks?"

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
30 years ago I had a kidney removed.
They removed the bottom rib and I have a scar that goes nearly half way around my body.

Glad I didn't get that treatment. A business acquaintance that had cancer of the kidney had that level of surgery several years ago. The overall topic of medical advances is quite interesting. The push toward less invasive procedures and shorter hospital stays has some benefits.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
About 7 years ago I had 1 1/2 inches of my collarbone ground out along with some repairs to my labrum, completely out patient, slept In my own bed that night. Pretty amazing stuff

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cowadle, are you the same guy who had part of his eyelid ripped off and the used part of his peter as a skin graft? I heard it turned out ok, he was just a little cock eyed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom