New to 10/22s what to upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can smooth the factory triggers up if you want to. I found diy info on rimfirecentral several years ago. I improved the triggers on four 10/22s with no cost at all. I am sure they aren't as good as a drop in but the cost is much better.

Use yours to do your first diy trigger. Then when you are happy with your own work do your wifes trigger. Then buy yourself a good drop in. The diy jobs will be for learning.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All "Kidding" aside", the best first step step is a Volquartsen 10/22 drop-in Target Hammer. Next, get a drop-in trigger that has over an travel adjustment screw. Those two items should make a world of difference in the performance of the 10/22 at a very low cost. Then the barrel/stock combo of any manufacturer that trips your trigger----the sky is the limit(after the Target Hammer and the trigger) on aftermarket mods that you really want/need.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bad Ass! I got the stock I have from a prize table and have been debating buying a cheap one from wally world and doing just what you have done.

I built a Nordic 10-22 too! But that was years ago before there were polymer kits on the market (ArchAngel, etc...) I loved that thing. Ended up in my cousins gun safe. He wanted a matching pair lol

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
Bad Ass! I got the stock I have from a prize table and have been debating buying a cheap one from wally world and doing just what you have done.

I built a Nordic 10-22 too! But that was years ago before there were polymer kits on the market (ArchAngel, etc...) I loved that thing. Ended up in my cousins gun safe. He wanted a matching pair lol

Technically, mine will be a Nordic Charger(old model).

Trigger may get switched to the BX and it'll definitely get the DIY auto bolt release mod before I'll drop it in.

Latest posts

Top Bottom