Norman Police Chief Humphrey. Does he support a ban on semi-automatic firearms?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If this trip was paid for by "NOBLE", was he on leave status with the department?
I don't know NPD's policies on that, but I would expect not. When I go to conferences, training, or other "professional development"-type events, I'm still considered to be "at work," and am not charged paid leave for it.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know NPD's policies on that, but I would expect not. When I go to conferences, training, or other "professional development"-type events, I'm still considered to be "at work," and am not charged paid leave for it.

But who pays for those trips? Your agency?

This appears to be something done by NOBLE. NOBLE is listed as one of the organizations that support Feinstein's 2013 version of the AWB.

If NOBLE paid for the Chief's attendence, and I lived in Norman (or Spencer), I would want to know if the Chief was considered "on official business" and if he was representing the Norman PD and the City of Norman during that trip.

http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/assault-weapons-ban-endorsements

If this is all a 'misunderstanding' then the Chief might want to consider who he hangs around with and who funds his trips to D.C.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This statement calls me to question his ability to be "chief".
All I can conclude he's not a very principaled person,(ie a politition!):anyone:
Because some Kahleefohneeya whackadoodle lies about why you are where you are--contrary to what you, yourself, have said--you are "not a very principaled[sic] person"? Are you out of your ever-lovin' mind?

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From the Transcript article:

At the hearing Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., introduced the police chiefs by state. That introduction led some Norman residents to question if Humphrey was there to support a gun ban. He was not.

“I had no idea this would occur,” Humphrey said. “I can see how someone watching and not knowing the background information would be concerned about her comments and introductions.

“The ironic part of this is that shortly following the introduction many of us had to leave to attend other activities,” he said. “I never met with her or any representatives from her office.”

Humphrey needs to try and float that story at home ... uh ... no baby, I wasn't seeing that filthy wh%re ... I was just having my picture taken with her ...

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think all the pro-second amendment sheriffs should accept invitations to DC on the anti-second amendment folks dime and then speak to the press about how gun control doesn't work. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom