Norman Police Chief Humphrey. Does he support a ban on semi-automatic firearms?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Humphrey needs to try and float that story at home ... uh ... no baby, I wasn't seeing that filthy wh%re ... I was just having my picture taken with her ...

Exactly. He's either a fool who allowed himself to be used by NOBLE and Fein-witch...or he knew darn well what he was doing and thinks the people of Norman are fools and will therefore buy his B.S. excuse/story/alibi.

Remington

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A friend of mine recieved the following from his Norman City Councilman on March 3rd. I'm trying to find out what happened in the meeting he talks about below.

-------Message Follows-----------

Thank you for the correspondence to gain my view of this situation.

First off, I am furious about this situation for several reasons:

1.I am absolutely a PRO 2nd amendment supporter. I am a gun advocate and believe that we must preserve all our 2nd amendment rights.
2. I was not aware that he was taking this trip.
3.I would have not approved of any such trip because I believe it does not fit within the guidelines of our city charter.
4. I am not sure if this is the official position of the Police Chief; however, I can promise you that it is not the official position of the city or police department or I would probably not be a city councilman.

There are several councilmembers that have demanded answers on this situation. It looks like we will be having a meeting concerning this next week and I am happy to fill you in on the results. Let me make it clear what my authority is concerning this. We as councilmembers only have 1 city employee that is within our control. That employee is the city manager Steve Lewis. We can only direct him, hire that position, fire that position, etc. My frustration is that the city manager is the one who approved this trip; however, he states that the trip was not for hearing that you saw in the video nor paid for by the city of norman. This does not change the fact that our police chief stood up in his City of Norman uniform showing support of Sen Feinstein's bill to ban military style assault weapons. I will be getting answers from the city manager as to why he approved this and if he did not approve it what will be the course of action from here.

I agree with you that extended gun control will only make criminal activity increase in our city. I will continue to fight for make our neighborhoods safe and allow us to protect our family as we should.

Thank you again for your time and willingness to ask these questions.

Here is a link to the statement from Chief Humphrey that was published in the Norman Transcript:

http://normantranscript.com/headlines/x1837420585/Police-chief-attends-national-conference-on-gun-violence

God Bless,
Chad Williams

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This does not change the fact that our police chief stood up in his City of Norman uniform showing support of Sen Feinstein's bill to ban military style assault weapons.
Yeah, except that did not happen. Feinstein lied out her ass about why he was there, and he didn't stand up, at least not in the video I saw.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, except that did not happen. Feinstein lied out her ass about why he was there, and he didn't stand up, at least not in the video I saw.

He travelled there as a paid guest of an organization that supports Feinstein's agenda. If he wore his uniform to a single event then he essentially whored himself out to be used as a prop by NOBLE and/or Feinstein, knowingly or not.

To me, that is worse than if the City of Norman had payed for his trip. Glad the City Council is looking into it...

If he made a misake, and truly doesn't support her agenda, then I would expect a statement containing an absolute rejection of her agenda, and her bill, from him. Have we seen that yet?

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would expect a statement containing an absolute rejection of her agenda, and her bill, from him. Have we seen that yet?
You mean aside from his statement to the Norman Transcript that's linked in the first post in this thread?

Good God, it's a wonder we have any allies at all...

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You mean aside from his statement to the Norman Transcript that's linked in the first post in this thread?

Good God, it's a wonder we have any allies at all...

Yes, aside from that statement. Please show me in there where he unequivocally stated that he was opposed to Feinstein's bill.

Actually, that statement, if you read it, leads me to believe the chief might support UBC....grounds enough for his ouster in my book.

We don't need allies that pal around with, and take money from, anti-gun groups like NOBLE.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He said this:
“I made it very clear to the facilitators that my focus would be on strengthening firearms purchaser background checks, and particularly adding Oklahoma mental health records to the federal system. I also explained that I would be representing NOBLE strictly on the aforementioned topics only,” Humphrey said. “I also made it clear that I was not willing to discuss banning firearms or high capacity magazines.”
Where did he say anything about supporting UBC?

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"Strengthening firearms purchaser background checks", "Enhancement of background checks" etc...Those are all buzz words for UBC.

Please do some reading about NOBLE and The National Law Enforcement Partnership to Prevent Gun Violence and their support for the anti-gun agenda (NLEPPGV's platform includes a call for UBC).

There are plenty of other groups, that support the Constitution, who would have been proud to have him come to D.C. to speak, but he agreed to let NOBLE and the NLEPPGV foot the bill. That speaks volumes, if you choose to open your eyes to their agenda.

If you want to count them, or the people they fund trips for, as "Allies" then rock on bro. Not me.

Edited to add link: Here's a link to the "Partnership's" official agenda...right from the horse's mouth.
http://lepartnership.org/?page_id=36

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He does not support a ban on any firearms!!!

Hi Stan. It was great meeting you at the gun show. You're the best representative for OSA that I can imagine.

Does the fact that our chief does not support a ban mean we have to put our pitch forks and torches away? ;)

2.bp.blogspot.com__h6NEgzTMvyA_TZXWi8Ef7OI_AAAAAAAADuk_Pls4VzseXuY_s320_angrymobfunrun.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom