Not Boasting....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I jinxed myself when I started this thread. Maybe BB will delete it or do a unjinx dance before it affects my whole season lol.

I would tell you that I would bring you some meat since youre done for the season, but since I havent killed yet, I would be jinxing myself then!

Louro

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I didn't have the chance to kill nothing with the sidelock, but I manage to kill a nice 13 pointer with in line muzzleloader. Man, I have to read up how to post pictures.....lol.

becker_atc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This morning was a good time. Left the house to head to the stand about 1.5 cups of coffee to late. Got close to my stand right at legal shooting time. I see deer 50 yards max... No cap on the hawken. So get to play statue with 6 does in front of me while working a glove off and trying to get into my bib pocket open a container dump the caps in pocket and catch one in my fingers. I did it without spooking them completely. They are still there

Now I must get the hammer back and cap on the nipple. I did that and deer still there.

Shoulder the rifle maybe? Yes time to shoulder up but at this point the head doe is tired of trying to figure out whati am and starts pushing the others away. They all got over the terrace and moved on. This whole deal took about 15 minutes. Got in my stand as the woods were waking up.

Heard hoot owls and saw squirrels and two more deer off in the distance. To top the morning off I saw a bald eagle when I was walking back this morning. Saw more deer this morning than I did all of last rifle season. I really enjoyed it.

Sent via message in a bottle

Latest posts

Top Bottom