NRA and OK2A work against open carry in parks and zoos.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So does this mean that the Tulsa Zoo and gathering place will allow concealed carry just not open? I know the Tulsa Zoo is a city owned park but they had a no firearms policy.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tell me.... where do you "need" it, in your opinion? Just curious... in your opinion.

Personally I haven't been anywhere in Oklahoma where I thought an open carried handgun would have been of a benefit to me. That's just my opinion. Been plenty of places in Alaska where I do open carry. The threat from wildlife there though is much different then here.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Personally I haven't been anywhere in Oklahoma where I thought an open carried handgun would have been of a benefit to me. That's just my opinion. Been plenty of places in Alaska where I do open carry. The threat from wildlife there though is much different then here.

Not often but I have had a rabid skunk try to attack me and an "overly friendly" copperhead chase me. Both times I was glad I had my 357 with me. One time I thought I was going to have to shoot a young buck. He was snorting and doing short, fake charges. It was during the rut and I guess he thought I was after his girlfriend or something. I kept talking softly and slowly backing away and after a while he trotted off after his girl.

Last edited:

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I'm glad to see you guys are having your fun with this but it is not about whether one needs to open carry or not.

It is about another restriction to our carry rights and those that are willing to give up yet another piece of those rights because they don't see it as any infringement on them personally.

Yes, there are those that are laughable in the way they open carry and there are those that cringe at, or quake in fear of the sight, but it is our right and it should be supported, especially by those of us that believe in freedom and less government control.

Carry on. :)

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's just like the argument that one doesn't "need" a magazine with more than 7 or 10 rounds, one doesn't "need" thousands of rounds of ammunition stockpiled, one doesn't "need" a binary trigger, or doesn't "need" a rifle that can be broken down to smaller pieces and reassembled in seconds.

Jus' sayin'.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So does this mean that the Tulsa Zoo and gathering place will allow concealed carry just not open? I know the Tulsa Zoo is a city owned park but they had a no firearms policy.

The Tulsa Zoo is owned by the city but is managed by a "private" non-profit. Several city owned parks and zoos are differing to this model across the nation.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm glad to see you guys are having your fun with this but it is not about whether one needs to open carry or not.

It is about another restriction to our carry rights and those that are willing to give up yet another piece of those rights because they don't see it as any infringement on them personally.

Yes, there are those that are laughable in the way they open carry and there are those that cringe at, or quake in fear of the sight, but it is our right and it should be supported, especially by those of us that believe in freedom and less government control.

Carry on. :)

I'm not convinced the 2nd Amendment gives you an absolute right to openly carry a firearm anywhere you want. You were born naked. Why can't you so remain everywhere you go regardless of what others may think?

Latest posts

Top Bottom