Okay which one of yall is it

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
its enough to pay off my house....
Exactly and that is the very first thing I would do. Then some home repairs, level the house, have a retaining wall built and the back yard leveled, pay off all bills, then sock any left away into savings. Not that I ever thought about winning of course. 🤣

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's kinda my point. Used to be that a Million dollar lottery win would somewhat "upgrade" someone's life. Now it's enough to make you excited to just pay off the house you're already in.

Right?? Wasn't that long ago that $1M, even after taxes were paid, would have been enough to change your life, if you didn't blow it all.

Guess it still is now -- but you'd better be investing what's left after Uncle Sam takes his 3/4ths. And if you aren't 90 years old already, you'd better let compounding do some work for you for 10 or so years, at least.

I swear I will NEVER understand how someone can get a Mother Lode payment of ANY kind and be right back where they were financially -- and a lot of times even worse off -- within 12-18 months. :scratch:

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Right?? Wasn't that long ago that $1M, even after taxes were paid, would have been enough to change your life, if you didn't blow it all.

Guess it still is now -- but you'd better be investing what's left after Uncle Sam takes his 3/4ths. And if you aren't 90 years old already, you'd better let compounding do some work for you for 10 or so years, at least.

I swear I will NEVER understand how someone can get a Mother Lode payment of ANY kind and be right back where they were financially -- and a lot of times even worse off -- within 12-18 months. :scratch:

In my experience, the people with the most luck at gambling are almost always terrible at money management.

And then people who can manage money responsibly rarely hit it big.

Life can be ironic.

Latest posts

Top Bottom