Oklahoma Bills Introducted

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

owassopilot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is a list of house bills I could find that have been introduced for the 2011 legislative session related to concealed/open carry, and firearms, with a very brief description on what they do. My guess is all this will make its way through committee and be consolidated. Make sure to reach out to your representative/senator on these issues.

HB1463 - College Carry allowed
HB1547 - Removes Sherrif's fees for fingerprints and passport photos
HB1553 - Removes gov't buildings, gov't meetings, professional sporting events, pari-mutuel wagering from prohibited places.
HB1652 - Removes Technology Center as prohibited place
HB1913 - Misdemeanor drug conviction temporary preclusion for handgun license (10 year)

HB1400 - Open carry without license - 18+

HB1470 - Legislation allowing open carry - non ballot
HB1796 - Open Carry referendum - Nov 2012 Election - Puts open carry on the ballot.

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is a list of house bills I could find that have been introduced for the 2011 legislative session related to concealed/open carry, and firearms, with a very brief description on what they do. My guess is all this will make its way through committee and be consolidated. Make sure to reach out to your representative/senator on these issues.

HB1553 - Removes gov't buildings, gov't meetings, professional sporting events, pari-mutuel wagering from prohibited places.
HB1913 - Misdemeanor drug conviction temporary preclusion for handgun license (10 year)

HB1796 - Open Carry referendum - Nov 2012 Election - Puts open carry on the ballot.

I am not really seeing HB1553 passing. HB1652 might have a hard time since so many high school kids go there during the week for classes connected with graduating. Some of the others will be interesting to watch.

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Thanks! I think if we ALL do our part and email/call our reps in the House, this can only help the chances of these coming to the floor. Can't hurt. I emailed my rep today. Here is my message:

HB1547 - Removes Sherriff's fees for fingerprints and passport photos

I believe each of these will make average citizens like myself safer and increase our quality of life, as well as having a significant preventive effect on crime.

Sincerely
YYYY

elcaBob

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It would seem that the NRA (and the locally recognized affiliate thereof) consider Oklahoma to be utterly unworthy of their time. Once I realized this, I began to consider them to be utterly unworthy of any further membership dues.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks! I think if we ALL do our part and email/call our reps in the House, this can only help the chances of these coming to the floor. Can't hurt. I emailed my rep today. Here is my message:

HB1547 - Removes Sherriff's fees for fingerprints and passport photos

I believe each of these will make average citizens like myself safer and increase our quality of life, as well as having a significant preventive effect on crime.

Sincerely
YYYY

Message sent to my Representative even though I'd faint if they supported any of this. This is a long term deal

Latest posts

Top Bottom