2015 Legislative Firearm bills

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just saw this article about HB1391 and I'm not sure that I see any benefit to closing this "loophole."

http://www.newson6.com/story/28043409/loophole-allows-handgun-license-without-in-person-training.

"An Oklahoma legislator has introduced a bill that would close the loophole. House Bill 1391 by Rep. Casey Murdock, R-Felt, would require Oklahoma residents to have Oklahoma-issued handgun licenses and keeps the requirement that applicants demonstrate proficiency with a handgun under the supervision of a licensed firearm instructor before receiving their license."

Aside from the "loophole" issue in this bill, this is a terrible bill anyway. It would require you to take an additional safety course every time you renewed your permit. That course could be online though and it would increase the cost of the license to pay CLEET for creating rules for that online course.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When he's done, perhaps he can introduce a bill that would close the loophole that allows people freedom of speech without demonstrating competency with the English language.

okorpheus

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
It specifically says no fully automatic weapons. It is for SBRs and suppressors, however. I'm good with that.

So the big question will be this: Will the Feds try to enforce their laws over the state laws, or will they ignore it like they do the marajuana legal states?

Either way, I think it will force dealing with the issue of the NFA acts being unconstitutional, so it is good.

As a guy who owns a mill, I am all about an 80% lower with a nice big "MIO" on it, as well as a suppressor or two or ten or so.

So, does it have to be a lower made here, or a firearm made from parts from wherever, marked "MIO?" Technicaly, all of us who have put an AR together from parts have "manufactured" a firearm in the great state of Oklahoma already.

I hope it passes, but if we continue to have a democratic executive branch in DC, I'll let someone risk being the one arrested by the Feds when they decide to let the federal courts test the law.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Latest posts

Top Bottom