Oklahoma Open Carry Association Mission Statement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't understand why you need to use litter clean up as a way to promote open carry. You aren't going to make anti gun people warm and fuzzy by picking up after them.

I think open carry needs to just be done quietly and not made such a big deal of. No need to go to extremes.

When I open carry I plan to just act like it's just part of life now. The more normal you act the more normal people will see you. They can get used to it easier that way. Less in their face.

That was my point...I'm not not anti-open carry but it seems a bit disingenuous for folks who don't normally live or conduct business in my town to cruise on in for a show of force, even if it's disguised as community service.

Just go about your daily business armed and polite if you want to 'show' people that we are a law abiding group.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That was my point...I'm not not anti-open carry but it seems a bit disingenuous for folks who don't normally live or conduct business in my town to cruise on in for a show of force, even if it's disguised as community service.

Just go about your daily business armed and polite if you want to 'show' people that we are a law abiding group.

+1000.....Just go about your business like any other day.

GlockCop

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

This makes the most sense. Beleive it or not a lot of people dont want stuff thrown in their face. I had to laugh the other day at H&H I guess this one guy was "practicing " for open carry...he had his Fobus holster on and couldnt keep his hands off of it while he was wearing it on the range. He will be in the news probably about Nov2 either with a accidental discharge or some such.

O

oklacowboy

I'm almost appalled at some of the responses to this. These guys have worked really hard to support our second amendment rights. It's easy to be a naysayer, it's harder to stand up for what you really believe in. Trying to help educate the general public what the hell's wrong with that?

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm almost appalled at some of the responses to this. These guys have worked really hard to support our second amendment rights. It's easy to be a naysayer, it's harder to stand up for what you really believe in. Trying to help educate the general public what the hell's wrong with that?

Try to be a little less appalled and read...I support their work, but happen to disagree with the practice of orchestrated gatherings. That's far from being a naysayer or anti-open carry. It's a discussion/polite disagreement about methods.

Souperphly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with SMS on this one, one or two folks in a resturant open carrying might raise an eyebrow or two but most likely won't cause a fuss, 40 open carrying might make someone leave and when the owners see money walking out the door you can bet one of those damn signs will find it's way to the door soon enough. I am glad we have open carry and may open carry myself from time to time but if we start making a show of it I'm afraid it will generate unwanted consequences.

Capo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think open carry needs to just be done quietly and not made such a big deal of. No need to go to extremes.

When I open carry I plan to just act like it's just part of life now. The more normal you act the more normal people will see you. They can get used to it easier that way. Less in their face.

I disagree, i have my cowboy holsters out, bandanna, and spurs. Been practicing " I'm your huckleberry".
Going on tour, to a quiet town near you

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
oklacowboy said:

This....

O

oklacowboy

I can get behind your platform...with the exception of these 'informal gatherings'.

Do me one courtesy...if you don't live in my town, don't hold any gatherings there.

Feel free to do it in your own town or at the state capital, but the whole idea of non-residents strutting around my town in some kind of show doesn't appeal to me.
When you say my town, OKC area is an awefully big place.

Latest posts

Top Bottom