Oklahoma Open Carry Association Mission Statement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcizzle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm almost appalled at some of the responses to this. These guys have worked really hard to support our second amendment rights. It's easy to be a naysayer, it's harder to stand up for what you really believe in. Trying to help educate the general public what the hell's wrong with that?
''

+1 I don't get how people are taking so much offense to this. I guess they're worried someone's gonna do something wrong and be used as propaganda against the rest of us. I have a couple of family members involved in BACA and they do booths at town festivals and such along with community service stuff. Don't know that anyone has told them to get out and only worry about abused kids in their own town.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe if all you guys who are obsessed with showing off your "god given open carry rights" would just exercise them without making such a big deal about it, people wouldn't already be sick of hearing about it. There have been WAY TOO MANY open carry threads in last few weeks. OC isn't even legal yet and i'm sick and tiredI of hearing about all the stupid stuff that people plan on doing.

If you want to OC, then do it. Don't make a big deal about it. I am sure that I will OC from time to time but i'm not going to get my posse rounded up and go try to show the crowds around town that we can all do it responsibly. The groups making a big deal out of it are the ones who are going to ruin it for the rest of us when all the business owners start putting up the signs.

Maverick7340

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you plan to do community events for the good of the community then I support your effort. My only question is have you done these same community events for no reason other then to pick up litter in an area to make it a better place? If you are doing things for the good of your groups personal agenda and only thinking of excuses to get a group of people open carrying in one area then I don't support that because you are using the event as a means to promote yourselves and not for the good of the intended event.

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't understand why you need to use litter clean up as a way to promote open carry. You aren't going to make anti gun people warm and fuzzy by picking up after them.

I think open carry needs to just be done quietly and not made such a big deal of. No need to go to extremes.

When I open carry I plan to just act like it's just part of life now. The more normal you act the more normal people will see you. They can get used to it easier that way. Less in their face.

We are not trying to promote open carry. We are trying to show that those who do open carry are just normal folks who choose to take responsibility for their own self defense, and to educate anyone who might have questions about it. The anti gun crowd will never be happy about firearms anywhere, but there will be lots of people who are not familiar with the law and if our group can educate even one of these people about the legality, that might be one less man with a gun call you have to deal with.

Latest posts

Top Bottom