Pain pill abuse.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lot worse things to be addicted to than some painkillers. Google Krokodil…

OMG ... That stuff is AWFUL!! I've taken a lot of pain meds over the last few years and while I still don't understand how anyone could get addicted (and there is a difference between addiction and dependency) I've come to learn that those who are addicted have a road to travel I wouldn't wish off on my worst enemy. I've developed a physical dependency to a couple of meds and had to be weaned off them before we went to something else for my neuralgia. I don't crave them day in and day out like addicts do the drugs they are trying to stop (or need to stop) taking. If what they feel every day is anything like what I went through when I was cutting back slowly, it is miserable ...

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sheesh man, I'm sorry to hear that.

I'm thankful I've never had pain great enough to cause me to be on it for any length of time, but my Wife also dealt with some really long-term pain but because of her stroke, she's no longer allowed to take things like Alieve.

Having said that, I think it needs to be regulated... not necessarily by the .gov, but your family and friends... I've seen it wreck too many lives, including one of my best friends just a couple of years ago... even I didn't know he had a problem until his wife found out and called me and man, it just went down hill from there. We were best friends, saw each other every day... she divorced him, he moved out and now I haven't heard from him in probably a year.

I don't think down on him, but I do blame him... it's nobody's fault but his own. It's really sad.

Good luck man, I hope something works out.

OkieMoe

WHEELMAN
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do agree it should be regulated. I have friends who have abused pain pills. And why I kept my mouth shut about the ones I had been getting.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
OK, lemme put some chicken liver on the line; I don't think smokers oughta come to the hospital for heart or respiratory related problems.

Latest posts

Top Bottom