Pain pill abuse.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Dog Patriot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Might start with losing your own disinformation first, then.

I help lots of people... but people who come to me with an attitude of entitlement or a chip on their shoulder can go pound f***ing sand. I'm not anyone's servant, nor do I owe a damn person a damn thing. Don't like it, find someone else to listen to your ****. Just because I chose a field to help cure sickness does not mean I should or will be treated like a servant. I won't put up with it. It's a free market... find someone who will coddle your ass if that's what you're looking for. If you're looking to take some responsibility for your own health and step up and do your part, then we'll get along fine. But standing there with your hand out tell me you hurt and I have to give you drugs because I took some ******** oath, well... that'll get you ushered right out to continue your search elsewhere.

Your kind of a mean person. Drug abuse is a problem, and I'm sure you can get sick of people, but youre attitude is crappy towards people. I will pray that you are blessed by God and He heal youre attitude and He heals youre life so you can be a happy, good person. I think youre a good person because you always talk about loving youre son and that is what good people do. I will pray God heals youre anger and gives you patienshens to deal with the those people who you are complaining about.

Maybe we don't understand you face a lot of pressure in youre job and see lots of people who are on the fring of society. They can piss anyone off. Please let go of your anger. I will pray for you and also for 2Guns that God heals his pain.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your kind of a mean person. Drug abuse is a problem, and I'm sure you can get sick of people, but youre attitude is crappy towards people. I will pray that you are blessed by God and He heal youre attitude and He heals youre life so you can be a happy, good person. I think youre a good person because you always talk about loving youre son and that is what good people do. I will pray God heals youre anger and gives you patienshens to deal with the those people who you are complaining about.

Maybe we don't understand you face a lot of pressure in youre job and see lots of people who are on the fring of society. They can piss anyone off. Please let go of your anger. I will pray for you and also for 2Guns that God heals his pain.

If you say so, man. I get along just fine with people who get along fine with others and don't expect someone to just throw medicine at them without a care in the world. Lots of folks seem to love me just fine in my practice... some others have problems with me, mostly because I won't put up with BS and expect them to use common sense and take some initiative and responsibility for their own health. Personally, I can live with that.

If you are looking for someone to just throw medicine at you without looking at the bigger picture or using responsible prescribing practices, there are plenty of docs out there who can accomodate you. I'm just not one of them. (I'm not pointing the figer at anyone here... it is a general statement, nothing more.) It's all good... believe me, I see tons of patients who are on Xanax three times a day for their chronic anxiety and nothing else, no efforts to dig deeper and find the root cause, no desire to get away from dangerous and addictive meds, etc. It's just not appropriate therapy, and I'm not going to condone or perpetuate it. Don't come to me seeking refills on your chronic pain medications because you've overused them and run out early, or test positive for illegal substances when you're on chronic pain management or whatever.

I don't see that it's unreasonable, but then apparently many people do. :D

You could ask my nurses who their favorite doctor to work with is... and it will unequivocally be me from every single one of them. Because I take care of those who need it and don't perpetuate the cycle of abuse. And because I stand up for them and back them up and don't stand by and let people abuse them or the system without calling them out on it. We all know this will not make us the favorite for all patients all the time... but for those that have a problem with it, the vast majority of the time, there is a reason for that. :D

The bottom line is, in the Emergency Department, if everyone who leaves here is 100% happy all the time, then you're definitely overprescribing things or overusing some meds. It's just a fact.

Cheers.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks BB

We hear of people shooting toes off with shotguns. And I used to think they were crazy....

I heard stories like that too. Gout runs in my family (I, so far, have not been blessed! Thank goodness!!) but my Grandpa on my Dad's side used to tell us about his Grandpa trying to cut his toes off ... Grandma wouldn't let him. So he told her it was that or she was gonna have to let him be a drunk (they were really, really religious) ... Guess she let him have his booze after that. Back when we were kids we thought it was funny. Now that I am older and have some of the aches and pains that my folks and grandparents had ... ehhhh ... it's not so humorous ... :grumble: But, still ... like Grandpa used to say, I'd rather not hurt but i f I can't feel good then hurting's better than the alternative ...:lookaroun

Mad Dog Patriot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you for youre response and I think I misjudged you. I will pray for you and hope God gives you the decernment to help the people who you see. Also, that those people escape there addict livestyle

If you say so, man. I get along just fine with people who get along fine with others and don't expect someone to just throw medicine at them without a care in the world. Lots of folks seem to love me just fine in my practice... some others have problems with me, mostly because I won't put up with BS and expect them to use common sense and take some initiative and responsibility for their own health. Personally, I can live with that.

If you are looking for someone to just throw medicine at you without looking at the bigger picture or using responsible prescribing practices, there are plenty of docs out there who can accomodate you. I'm just not one of them. (I'm not pointing the figer at anyone here... it is a general statement, nothing more.) It's all good... believe me, I see tons of patients who are on Xanax three times a day for their chronic anxiety and nothing else, no efforts to dig deeper and find the root cause, no desire to get away from dangerous and addictive meds, etc. It's just not appropriate therapy, and I'm not going to condone or perpetuate it. Don't come to me seeking refills on your chronic pain medications because you've overused them and run out early, or test positive for illegal substances when you're on chronic pain management or whatever.

You could ask my nurses who their favorite doctor to work with is... and it will unequivocally be me from every single one of them. Because I take care of those who need it and don't perpetuate the cycle of abuse. And because I stand up for them and back them up and don't stand by and let people abuse them or the system without calling them out on it. We all know this will not make us the favorite for all patients all the time... but for those that have a problem with it, the vast majority of the time, there is a reason for that. :D

The bottom line is, in the Emergency Department, if everyone who leaves here is 100% happy all the time, then you're definitely overprescribing things or overusing some meds. It's just a fact.

Cheers.

Free Trapper

Repeat Offender
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Free Trapper

I just can't wait for Obamacare to fully kick in and fix all this!

I hope youre kidding!!!! Obama care is a plan to destroy American small business. Those of you who believe Obama is trying to help sick people need to wake up!

Mad Dog...Yes, I was just being sarcastic...guess I should've said so.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Cheers.

Damn, if I went a week without liars, spitters, screamers, threats to my life, heated diatribes about how the "system addicted me, and you HAVE to prescribe me...." or outright wrasslin' matches, I'd wonder what happened to the local population. Maybe it's just Dodge.

I don't suffer drug seekers in the ER. It's the wrong venue for their issues. Pain management Physicians take care of chronic pain.

dugsok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Cheers.

Is this an impersonator , trying out to be a doc, who is just venting,or a total crack-pot, makes me wonder

dugsok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
you SSSSSSSSSoooooooo sick, take a few pill and call us in about 10 years
Really? So tell us about your personal experience with how healthcare providers bill for and are reimbursed for their services, as well as what it takes to cover all the associated overhead costs, insurance, staff, etc.

Go ahead... since you are only talking about your personal experiences with the matter... :D

I mean... you got a bill from a doctor once, right? So you know all about how it works. School me. :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom