Pain pill abuse.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MDT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So they cram as many patients in that hour as they can, thererore the "wait" if the Doc is busy with another patient.

My time is valuable too, therefore I dont appreciate the over/double appointment scheduling.

My bills show an ammout charged as ..Per visit, so does this mean My visit is 15 minutes long?
If so $195 x 4 is a pretty good hourly wage, so I pay it because She actually does listen and and spends the time needed to be able to give a correct diagnosis, as a whole person.

Dont get me wrong , Doctoring is a pretty tough job, you see people at their worst, dying, extreme pain, and sometimes you just cant help them ( doc shopping aside)

So Thank You for trying to be of help, not all are

We won't see the $195 x 4....We may see $100 x 4 if lucky...I have an idea, why don't you come and pay my overhead (funny how costs like strep kits and splinting material keeps going up but insurance pays less and less) and you tell me if that's a good hourly wage. If I was lucky to collect the $400/hr as mentioned above, my overhead will take about $330 of that. Guess what Sport, you want cheap medicine? Go to Mexico. And, with the Affordable Care Act, hold on to your shorts, because your wait time is going up substantially. You bitching about double bookings will take on a whole new meaning.

MDT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually, a great comeback. And the interesting thing is, your response to my refuting your inaccurate comment was name calling. You don't actually have any idea what it's like, yet, you have preconceived notions about "how doctors are" and you spout horse crap about on the internet. You want a doc that " listen and and spends the time needed to be able to give a correct diagnosis, as a whole person"....Great, so do I....and believe it or not, that is what the vast majority of us do.

I don't know how to weld, so I don't go online bitching about welders and what a crappy job they do....If I was a welder, and I actually UNDERSTOOD the industry, then my comments may be valid. The same could be said about your vapid estimations of how medicine is actually practiced.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Again You attack my trying to be nice, still drunk from last nights orgys, another drink will help Your attitude
Piss off doc, its my f'n experience, so go have a drink
F You Your an iggy, now go away.

You have nothing but bad to say unless your trying to prove how good you are , why dont you try doing something nice ...and not posting it on a board for all to approve..Now Back to your drinking ...Go On How

BWAHAHAHAHA.... nice one. Keep it up, bud. I love it!

No, I won't be drinking tonight, about to go to work... but in 12 hours when I get off work, I probably will. I can't wait! :D

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know how to cook fries, so I don't go online bitching about fry cooks and what a crappy job they do....If I was a fry cook, and I actually UNDERSTOOD the industry, then my comments may be valid. The same could be said about your vapid estimations of how medicine is actually practiced.

how's that?

gl55

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well , Heck NO I earned that Sh1t, Im claiming Every ..Everything I can get.

Dont be silly, are you going to refuse it..??

No, but I'm not the one ranting "Bottom line is I dont want or need the .gov involved in my familys medical care, or anything else that has to do with"our well being""

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Due to my injury from Iraq, and three operations, I'been on some kind of pain med's. My wife also suffers from Lupus and Fibro myalgia so pain med's are a common sight around here. Even though I aslo take them, I only take them when I can't stand the pain. They suck, but are a nesasery evil.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
And if I was a Doc ,and an axx , i would quit doing one , or stop bitching about, what is percieved to not be known....all my comments were My Experience, but I guess you didnt read that part... ;)

Really? So tell us about your personal experience with how healthcare providers bill for and are reimbursed for their services, as well as what it takes to cover all the associated overhead costs, insurance, staff, etc.

Go ahead... since you are only talking about your personal experiences with the matter... :D

I mean... you got a bill from a doctor once, right? So you know all about how it works. School me. :D

gl55

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife works in the medical insurance field and I can guarantee that anyone that just shows an insurance card at the Dr's office and pays a co-pay, or even pays cash doesn't have a clue about what goes on behind the scenes with medical billing, fee schedules, credentialing of Drs, etc.

On the pain pill topic. I will add that after my open heart surgery, 3 weeks was all they would give me on the Rx pain killers. After that I was told to manage it with Tylenol and Ibuprofen.

SoonerBorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
might start with losing your own disinformation first, then.

I help lots of people... But people who come to me with an attitude of entitlement or a chip on their shoulder can go pound f***ing sand. I'm not anyone's servant, nor do i owe a damn person a damn thing. Don't like it, find someone else to listen to your ****. Just because i chose a field to help cure sickness does not mean i should or will be treated like a servant. I won't put up with it. It's a free market... Find someone who will coddle your ass if that's what you're looking for. If you're looking to take some responsibility for your own health and step up and do your part, then we'll get along fine. But standing there with your hand out tell me you hurt and i have to give you drugs because i took some ******** oath, well... That'll get you ushered right out to continue your search elsewhere.

ftw!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom