Pain pill abuse.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aww snap

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pain pill abuse is a really big problem in Oklahoma. See it with clients a lot. The system is screwed up. Docs prescribe it generously, and then just cut people off. That screws people up royally. On the other hand, the world is full of unhappy, miserable people seeking to escape the mediocrity of their lives through pills, booze, weed, cocaine, meth, food, religion, paranoia, money, and many other crutches.

It's too bad doctors are unable to spend more time with their patients and have a whole person approach to treating problems, both injuries and diseases. Unfortunately, the profit driven system prevents such treatment. It's the same in many professions.

It's too bad live can't be a Norman Rockwell painting.

You ever hear of a prescription chaser? They don't have time for the doctor to spend time with them.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You ever hear of a prescription chaser? They don't have time for the doctor to spend time with them.

And it only takes a doctor a couple of minutes to log on and see what drugs have been prescribed to you. I was seeing a pain management doctor in Edmond for years before I moved back north. I had to sign a pain management contract, got drug tested almost everytime I had an appointment and then after the PMP went live he checked it each time. There are good pain mangement docs out there you just gotta look for them.

http://www.ok.gov/obndd/Prescription_Monitoring_Program/

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And it only takes a doctor a couple of minutes to log on and see what drugs have been prescribed to you. I was seeing a pain management doctor in Edmond for years before I moved back north. I had to sign a pain management contract, got drug tested almost everytime I had an appointment and then after the PMP went live he checked it each time. There are good pain mangement docs out there you just gotta look for them.

http://www.ok.gov/obndd/Prescription_Monitoring_Program/

problem is, they send that in to pharmacy's as well... if you're blacklisted.... you need help

MDT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not just them , Doc's schedule appointments every 15-30 minutes...All of them.

And charge by the hour, Yea ...Its True

No, that is absolutely not true...We do not charge by the hour...We are paid based on what the visit is "worth"...If you are an established patient with a certain "complexity" of visit, we get paid on what the insurance company deems that visit is worth. I could charge $500 for a sprained ankle visit, but I'm only going to receive about $100 from the insurance company (depending on new patient/returning patient, x-rays, splint, etc)....

Latest posts

Top Bottom