Pain pill abuse.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Lol at nemesis getting so upset and taking this personal.

You're mistaken. It's not personal. It's passion. Do you understand the difference? It's in regards to people who are so willing to forfeit their rights to obtrusive and hypocritical govt. And several posters obviously have no problem with rights being forfeited, as long as it's someone else's rights being forfeited.

I was living in kalifornia when they implimented their unconstitutional gun laws. They could do that because the citizenry had become so accustomed to totalitarianism in govt, that it seemed perfectly normal. It's incremental and permanent.

It's not personal.

Last edited by a moderator:

AdvantageR1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okie I hope you are able to get some help with your pain. If you are having to quit cold turkey then please remember if you go back to opiates that you do not take anywhere near what you were last taking. Too many overdoses caused by this.

I can't remember the exact numbers but there were so many hydrocodone pills prescribed in OK in 2011 that every man, woman, and child should have got more than 80 pills.

There is a network that doctors can check to find out if people are doctor or pharmacy.

I wish more people who are prescribed medications (pain, depressants, anti-depressants, stimulats) would think twice before driving. A young girl died earlier this week because of a medicated driver.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OkieMoe, my PCP just recently agreed to "take me back" from the pain management doc I'd been seeing because he (the PM doc) said he had run out of ideas. My PCP is trying some off-label stuff with me, but has no problem maintaining my pain meds while we are trying to figure something else out. I'm gonna say you problem may be with a doctor who doesn't want to fool with paperwork more than anything else.

OkieMoe

WHEELMAN
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OkieMoe, my PCP just recently agreed to "take me back" from the pain management doc I'd been seeing because he (the PM doc) said he had run out of ideas. My PCP is trying some off-label stuff with me, but has no problem maintaining my pain meds while we are trying to figure something else out. I'm gonna say you problem may be with a doctor who doesn't want to fool with paperwork more than anything else.

BB. That's kind of how I took it. He didn't want the extra work. It only takes a moment to move something and make me squeal like a stuck hog lol.

My poor guys at work. I have helped unload every truck except the last. And dragging my two toddlers from the tub last night was rather comical.

OkieMoe

WHEELMAN
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As for what I was taking before. I took a half pill about 3 times a day. Unless we were in a weather change. Then it was more often. After the latest tornados I would have to take a half before bed. Or the pain would wake me. Like its been doing for the last week. Most I ever took was two whole pills at once. Both ankles were in full flare up. Drive? I couldn't even talk at that point. And it still only dulled the pain. I sound like a damn wuss. But damn it's been pretty much pain free for 3 years. I'm a spoiled brat now.

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

You said PCP, my mind went straight to phencyclidine lol

Nemesis, your issue with trdoc seems personal to me. He, as a private citizen cannot violate your rights. He simply stated his opinion, and you assert that hr is automatically wrong, a bad person and a hypocrit. That's not business, that's personal.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife has lupus and just deals with it. She wont take pain meds. But some cant help it. I know there are plenty of people that need pain meds. But there are tons of people who dont. And that ruins it for people. I am a recovering addict myself. It wasnt by choice either. Try getting 2nd and 3rd degree burns over 40% of your body and see if you dont get addicted. But the docs made it worse. They give you whatever you want and then one day they say hey your done. They dont care if your addicted. I have been on suboxone for 3 years and it has changed my life. Just glad I have insurance to cover it. My dose is over a grand without it. Which is pathetic. And my insurance was trying to say they would only cover up to 2 a day even though I am prescribed 3. Thanks obamacare for that. But my doc wrote the insurance a letter explaining I need that dose and they said they would allow me 3 a day until january 1st. Then they will review it again. Can you believe that crap? Good luck with your pain, I hope they get you fixed up the right way.

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Nemesis, your issue with trdoc seems personal to me. He, as a private citizen cannot violate your rights. He simply stated his opinion, and you assert that hr is automatically wrong, a bad person and a hypocrit. That's not business, that's personal.

He's hypocritical because he wants his drug (booze) but thinks somebody else's drug (xanax) should be taken off the market. The fact of his hypocrisy does make him wrong. But you're right. I have no idea what kind of person he is other than that he drinks alcohol.

I'm just preaching smaller government, that's all.

OkieMoe

WHEELMAN
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife has lupus and just deals with it. She wont take pain meds. But some cant help it. I know there are plenty of people that need pain meds. But there are tons of people who dont. And that ruins it for people. I am a recovering addict myself. It wasnt by choice either. Try getting 2nd and 3rd degree burns over 40% of your body and see if you dont get addicted. But the docs made it worse. They give you whatever you want and then one day they say hey your done. They dont care if your addicted. I have been on suboxone for 3 years and it has changed my life. Just glad I have insurance to cover it. My dose is over a grand without it. Which is pathetic. And my insurance was trying to say they would only cover up to 2 a day even though I am prescribed 3. Thanks obamacare for that. But my doc wrote the insurance a letter explaining I need that dose and they said they would allow me 3 a day until january 1st. Then they will review it again. Can you believe that crap? Good luck with your pain, I hope they get you fixed up the right way.

Sorry to hear about the pain that you and the wife deal with. Now at first I thought I was addicted to the pain pills. When in reality my body had built up a dependency on them.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the pain that you and the wife deal with. Now at first I thought I was addicted to the pain pills. When in reality my body had built up a dependency on them.
You know most people dont realize the difference in addiction and dependency. I wouldn't wish addiction on anyone. Good luck in the future.

Latest posts

Top Bottom