Pain pill abuse.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you think my statement was "iggy" then you merely confirm my assessment of where I believe your opinion of the situation and me in general should go. :D

I'm anything but "iggy" when it comes to the subject of chronic pain management and prescription medication abuse. But you stick with what works for you, and I'll stick with what works for me. :D

OkieMoe

WHEELMAN
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I still don't understand what you're saying. Are you somehow suggesting there was some change in the law and now your physician can no longer prescribe you pain medication?

No change in the law that I'm aware of. Just pressure upon the physicians to herd people towards pain management doctors.

Fatboy Joe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with tRidiot...I believe his statement is meant to say that the abusers are what have hurt those who need it. And he isn't just talking about the users, but the prescribers. My wife worked in a pharmacy for many years and seen the amount of pill poppers increase daily. Go to an ER and ask how many people are there for "pains" and not so much an emergency. It hurts those that truly need it.

As for dealing with pain like our grandparents, I agree with that too. I grew up not having insurance, so we didn't go to the dr. We had 3 medicines in our house: Pepto/Kaopectate, Clorasetpic, and Tylenol. I think it made our immune systems much stronger and our pain tolerance much higher.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, you're wrong. Our grandparents did not "laugh off" excruciating pain. My grandparents suffered terribly from conditions common in their era. Sure, they had to continue working, but that's because survival depended upon it. If they didn't harvest their crops, etc, they didn't eat. But they sure as heck didn't laugh in the process.

Twoguns says you're a physician? Please tell me your name and where you practice. I want to make sure I never have occasion to consult with you about anything. I loathe quacks who want to suggest that pain is somehow a character building experience. I'll bloody well bet when you or someone you love is in debilitating pain, you practice that "other" standard.

And twoguns is right. I don't know at what point we allowed a totalitarian government to dictate what medicines we can use and what guns we can own, but that's a travesty.

Another one who doesn't get the whole point. lol

So butthurt because I don't coddle the whiners. Ok, man, have a great day! ;)

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you think my statement was "iggy" then you merely confirm my assessment of where I believe your opinion of the situation and me in general should go. :D

I'm anything but "iggy" when it comes to the subject of chronic pain management and prescription medication abuse. But you stick with what works for you, and I'll stick with what works for me. :D

Awww Doc You make it too easy....ssshhhh now while you still have some decency, I done kissed and made up chillaxx already

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
And yes, I'll have a few drinks when I get off work today...

Ah, so the doc wants us to have access to drugs, but only the drugs he uses.

after spending my week sewing people's body parts back together, putting up with druggies who abuse my staff and the system and putting every finger I own in the dike of human misery and selfishness, I think I deserve it.

So, the pain for which you need drugs is that of simply doing your job? What exactly did you think medicine was going to be? It's not like you don't have a choice. Go sell cars if you hate it that much.

BTW, many physicians have a more rigorous schedule than you, and they don't seek escape in booze. Sounds to me like you're 1) weak and 2) may have your own drug problem.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never claimed to have decency. Don't really care to, honestly. Prescription pain pill abuse is rampant and a drain on our society and on my personal life and income. So... if you want it all to be free and legal and let anyone do what they want, then let's make the system pay-only and if you screw yourself up ODing, you get to die alone on the side of the road by your own choice, hmmmm? How about a little personal responsibility? ;)

Freedom has a price, after all, doesn't it?

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ah, so the doc wants us to have access to drugs, but only the drugs he uses.

So, the pain for which you need drugs is that of simply doing your job? What exactly did you think medicine was going to be? It's not like you don't have a choice. Go sell cars if you hate it that much.

BTW, many physicians have a more rigorous schedule than you, and they don't seek escape in booze. Sounds to me like you're 1) weak and 2) may have your own drug problem.

Careful now... getting awfully close to passing judgement on me personally when you don't know a darn thing about me personally. lol :D

Having a few drinks, which is legal, in a responsible manner, is a far cry from prescription drug abuse. I don't care if anyone wants to have a few drinks after whatever work they do. As long as they do it responsibly and don't cause problems for others doing it. And I don't. And now you've migrated the conversation from chronic pain management of those who need it to using such drugs "recreationally". Hmm.... interesting segue...

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never claimed to have decency. Don't really care to, honestly. Prescription pain pill abuse is rampant and a drain on our society and on my personal life and income. So... if you want it all to be free and legal and let anyone do what they want, then let's make the system pay-only and if you screw yourself up ODing, you get to die alone on the side of the road by your own choice, hmmmm? How about a little personal responsibility? ;)

Freedom has a price, after all, doesn't it?

C'mon Doc I'm trying to get out of this deal, but ya keep makin these iggy remarks.

I'm just gonna leave now, so go have that Great Day OK

Latest posts

Top Bottom